OT: Kayak's

It go out one day buddy

For sure. I used to do tons of tournaments from the kayak, all down south shore and into Tampa bay. With my travel schedule I just don't have the time these days.

Let's get a tbrc kayak day together. For those that don't know the area, I can put you on some fish and sure I'm others can as well.

I fish from the boat these days, but a few kayak pics I had handy.

NyMpL6n.jpg

CseSbNz.jpg

VoNz86U.jpg

Kxn1tBo.jpg

Hobie Outback is a really nice kayak if you can afford it. You might get lucky on CL and find one around 1k. They have the Mirage Drive, it's a peddle drive that moves you through the water instead of paddling. Great for fishing. A lot of the guys up here in the Northeast use them to troll for Stripers, you can keep both hands on the rod while you peddle. The Outback is more for fishing, but they do have other styles too.
I myself have a Perception Pescador 12 which is basically a Wilderness Tarpon 12 re-branded to sell through West Marine. Perception is the parent company and sell under different names like Wilderness. Most of the Kayaks you see at Bass Pro Shops, Gander, Dick's and others are made by Perception and then re-branded for that particular store.

Figures I'd be working both days with no chances of getting there lol. Just in time for this boating season. +1 on the busy sales days there.đź‘Ť

Thanks for the info. It's a hike for me and I don't do well in lines. Lol. I'll have to stay with Craigslist

Sports authority in clearwater had a bunch of kayaks left. They are all 10% off so not really a big discount.

check canoe country in st Pete. I have a wilderness tarpon 120 and love it. Also check out www.kayakmotorcompany.com. Guy in Seminole rigs trolling motors on your yak for about $550 and they are badass (hands free stearing/ internal wiring/ height adjustment/ and mounts controls between your legs).

Definitely down for a fishing day if anybody is interested.

Back