OT- Moving to CO!! Looking for a home, and more!

wow guess I did not realize Alaska was that much. Ok never mind on the price thing. lol

There are some excellent areas to choose from, my thoughts would be to see them as well. The websites are nice but nothing like actually seeing a property firsthand to get a feel for both the home and the neighborhood.

It would be good to chat at some point, we can help you both with your mortgage and also your aquarium needs.

Thanks Christina for the kind words.

Todd's recommendation of Firestone is not bad either as it is right on the I-25 corridor. Although I am not a realtor I do like homes along this route for long-term appreciation. Keep in my mind a real estate professional should be consulted on this. I do, however, have a couple of rentals along this corridor as it has good potential.

Email me and I can get you some names of realtors to chat with and see if any meet your needs.

Kip

Kip

One more reason I want to move:
PHP:
Forecast for Anchorage 

Updated: 7:45 PM AST on March 19, 2006 

Snow Advisory in effect through 5 am AST Monday morning...  
 Tonight:
Snow with accumulations 4 to 7 inches. Lows in the 20s. Light winds.

Well, we can't help you too much with the weather. Can you bring Brian down when you come? I'd like to meet him.

TODAY:
That winter-spring snowstorm continues to hit parts of the northeast plains with 6 to 10 inches of snow, while other locations only get a half an inch or so. The worst of this storm is still expected to affect the front range and eastern plains late tonight, so a WINTER STORM WARNING remains if effect for northeast Colorado, and will continue through 11 am Monday morning. This WARNING includes all seven counties of greater metro Denver, the Palmer Divide and southern foothills. The snow will start to accumulate overnight, and travel will become hazardous after midnight, especially along I70 and I76. This is a potentially dangerous storm for the eastern plains, so keep it here on 9NEWS, and 9NEWS.com
PLANNING:
Tonight's when the really heavy snow starts flying. Accumulations of nearly 2 feet are possible in most foothill locations, say from the 7,000 ft level up. Denver metro will have anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of heavy wet snow by sunrise, but total accumulations could amount to around 10 to fourteen inches by afternoon. The storm will be out of the area by Monday night, only flurries are expected by then. Then the rest of the week will be unseasonally cool with highs in the 30s on Tuesday. Another round of rain and snow showers are possible for Wednesday. It won't really warm up until Friday.

Yeah!! an update!!!

PHP:
Forecast for Anchorage 

Updated: 8:45 PM AST on March 19, 2006 

Snow Advisory remains in effect through 5 am AST Monday morning...  
 Tonight
Snow with accumulations 4 to 9 inches. Highest snow amounts likely over east Anchorage and along the hillside. Lows in the 20s. Light winds.

We are bringing the snowfrom Alaska to you guys.. Why??

Because we are talking about moving.. Sorry guys.. =(

Oh, don't worry. Colorado's a spring snow state. Most of the winter :)worried: check to see if people in other states are listening) is just absolutely gorgeous. Warm temps during the day. Lots of outdoor things to do. While the east coast is just slammed with tons of ice. Just don't let anyone else know.... :)

You people are sick. :)

The weather in Cabo San Lucas predicts 78 tomorrow with a low of 57. No chance or precipitation.

I personally am sitting here thinking warm happy thoughts.

Kip

You should take a look at the Golden or Evergreen area. If I was going to buy a house they would be my first choice. Not too far from the city but on the right side for me (closer to the mountains)

Don't do Roxborough unless your don't mind not having any water in 10 years. They have some serious water problems down there.

By the way, there's a big spur from the mountains out into the plains a bit about 100 miles north of Boulder. When the ugly, frigid arctic air moves down from Canada the air will hit that spur and be deflected out into the plains. So, when the front is moving north to south like that, the communities right up against the mountains (Boulder, Golden, etc.) can sometimes be 10-15 degrees warmer than the communities out on the plains (Denver, Aurora, etc.).

Of course, if it's a Pacific front coming from Washington/Oregon over the mountains then all bets are off.

Hey Fareforce

I am in the same boat as you. I found this site through a denver realtor's website that is actually part of monster.com

http://www.denverrealestateonline.c...ving.monster.com/Find_a_Place/Compare2Cities/

You plug in a couple of zip codes and it gives you a lot of info on the areas.

This page has links to a lot of info including a zip code map of the greater denver area http://www.denverrealestateonline.com/PageManager/Default.aspx/PageID=851132&NF=1

Of course we've been looking for a couple months and still haven't found the right thing. Goood luck.

So far I am leaning twords these areas..

Longmont
Firestone
Frederick

So, now comes the next big question.. What is a good LFS to shop at?

Thank you all for helping so much!!

LOL- "i live in a great part of town"

If you like your neighborhood closed due to the booby-trapped meth lab, or the detour around the crime scene type of neighborhood.

Only if you think that the Colfax corridor is representative of the whole city (142 square miles), which it's not. I used to live in Detroit, and while there were places there I'd definitely recommend people *not* to live, there were a bunch that were great too.

The reason I'd steer someone on this list away from Aurora is that there's no good fish stores nearby!

Larry

larryl,

I didnt say what I said just to be mean to "someone else's neighborhood".

I lived in Aurora for 27 years. I was the in the second graduating class from Overland High School. When I first moved there Aurora was the second fastest growing suburb in the country.

In the last 20 years it has really gone downhill. AND I wasnt joking about the Booby trapped Meth lab. When I lived in a trailer ( yes near colfax ), Our entire neighborhood was blocked off while the bomb squad disarmed Bombs left behind to protect a Meth lab that was only 4 houses over from mine. One week later, Sable was blocked off by police due to a drive by shooting using fully automatic weapons.

Needless to say, Longmont is much better. I havent heard a single gun-shot in 8 months while it was a daily occurrence in Aurora.

Stu

Wells in Rox are almost dry and they have no surface water storage available which means that when they do dry up there is nothing. Also the water lines that they have in place are not the best. This is why some people were having $1000 water bills last summer.

I have lived in Longmont for 25 years and we have loved it here. As you say, it is close to the Denver area yet not to congested and full of crime.
The Firestone, Fredrick and Dacono areas are very new and are in the planning stage to be larger than Longmont is. The property is slightly cheaper there with larger lots right now so you can get a lot more for your buck. Just a younger neighborhood with all new stores, parks, etc. Depends on what you want.
Glad to help anyway I can. I raised three children here.

Roxbourough Park/Village

I lived in Roxboruogh for several years...it is a bit out of control out ther with water & property taxes.....but the area is so nice. We sold the house due to the above issues.

ex: 1700sf house on 1/4 acre, sold for $220k, property taxes were about $3500, water bills for 3 months in summer, about $600

With any home purchase, do you homework on the area, find out what typical water bills/property taxes/HOA fees, etc....

Back