OT- Moving to CO!! Looking for a home, and more!

fareforce

Premium Member
I am moving to the Denver area in the summer of '07.

We are looking at home in the 175k - 250k range in Denver, and Longmont. What area should I stay away from?

I could go high in $$ for the house if needed, but would like to kep it around there.

BTW, once I am down there you guys will be seeing/hearing a lot from me!! I am planning on doing a 500gal inwall tank..

Here is the thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=799431

Also, who here owns www.rockymountainreefclub.com? I was just wondering why it is down everytime I look. If it just being built? If so, let me know if you need help, as I know how to do webdesign, and have a server in TX.

What part??

-=Edit=- NM just figured out that you are talking about east side... Gotta love yahoo maps!! LOL

Last edited:
fareforce

What part of town will you be working in?

pnsnowboard -

LOL- "i live in a great part of town"

If you like your neighborhood closed due to the booby-trapped meth lab, or the detour around the crime scene type of neighborhood.

Stu

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6993946#post6993946 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stugray
fareforce

What part of town will you be working in?

pnsnowboard -

LOL- "i live in a great part of town"

If you like your neighborhood closed due to the booby-trapped meth lab, or the detour around the crime scene type of neighborhood.

Stu

Not to sure yet.. I dont have a job yet down there. Actually, I havn't even started to look. LOL.. I do own a company up here, so I might start one down there as well.. I am not to worried about commuting though.. I would much rather live in an area that is quite, without methlabs or crimescenes..

I might try to get a job at the local MLS there, as that is what I do up here to keep me busy as my company is primarily seasonal..

Welcome to Colorado, errr at least soon enough.

I am a mortgage guy so if you have a need there, would love to help you. Also, there are at least a couple folks in the club who are realtors who can do a great job helping you find something.

The prices here are a bit higher than you may be thinking, a search will show you some communities and prices.

Would love to chat about your new tank too as I am working on a 600 gallon tank right now. Actually you will be pleased as there are a good number of large tanks here in the state.

As far as the club goes, another entity ended up buying the club website and so we do not own it anymore. Interesting huh? However, larryl has been working diligently on the new one. www.rmrc.info is the website and should be up and running soon. When you get here if you want to help, we would love it and I am sure Larry would love help too since he has a real job and reef tank he has to look after aside from the club.

Kip

I have a job in downtown Denver and my husband works in Boulder. We are moving from Ft Collins to Denver and are looking in the Northglen, Thornton, Broomfield area. When I do the MLS search, I use 80234 and then include the surrounding zip codes (80020 (Broomfield) 80233 (Denver) 80260 (Denver)
80031 (Westminster) 80241 (Denver) )

I would put in a good word for Kip on the mortgage, too! He helped us refinance our house in Ft Collins and did a great job. And we will be using him when we buy in Denver.

How high can the prices really be? We are currently in a 1750 sqft house in Anchorage, AK and it would go for 309,000..

We have been searching using www.ColoradoHomeFinder.com and have been finding some really nice places.. What should we expect for a good area, 2000+ sqft, 2 car gar+, 3bed+, 2 bath+? And an unfinished basement would be a huge +++ (fish tank room).

Who would you guys reccomend for a good realtor?

fareforce,

check out www.zillow.com for a great house search tool. You can see the ~ cost of properties in any area.

Unless we have an idea where you want/need to live, we cant help much.

If you have a need for a large property, but you dont need to commute into Denver, that's one thing. If you dont need space, but want to be close to downtown that's different....

Give us a hint.

Stu

We have mainly been looking in Longmont.

As far as were I want to live. I really have no clue. I like quiet. So out in a smaller community such as Longmont would be nice. I would like to be within approx 1 hour from downtown. I want a goos size home (2000+ sqft) and dont want to be close to methlabs, etc. Does this help a little?

Which areas are concidered the "nice areas"?

Might I recommend looking at Firestone. It is 12 miles east of Longmont, in Weld county (read more house for the money than in Boulder county) and only 2 miles off I-25. Fairly centrally located, 35 minutes north to Ft Collins, south to downtown Denver, and west'ish to Boulder, and about 45 minutes to Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park).

Wife and I have been here four years now. It is a growing community (maybe the fastest growing community in the state right now) that still has the small town feel. Consider searching zip code 80504 (Firestone/Frederick).

I work for the City of Longmont. If you want detailed info, PM me.

Good luck,

Todd

There is a house at 1435 Cedarwood Dr Longmont, CO 80501
which struck our interest. This is about what we are looking for.. Is this is a good area?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6994894#post6994894 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bcjack
Might I recommend looking at Firestone. It is 12 miles east of Longmont, in Weld county (read more house for the money than in Boulder county) and only 2 miles off I-25. Fairly centrally located, 35 minutes north to Ft Collins, south to downtown Denver, and west'ish to Boulder, and about 45 minutes to Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park).

Wife and I have been here four years now. It is a growing community (maybe the fastest growing community in the state right now) that still has the small town feel. Consider searching zip code 80504 (Firestone/Frederick).

I work for the City of Longmont. If you want detailed info, PM me.

Good luck,

Todd

WOW!! I like this area so far!!

The area that Cedarwood ct is in, we call the blue gettho. Several cops and firefighters live in that area. We wear blue uniforms....you get the point.

:)

If you like quite place and a nice view I would look at Roxbourough. It's a new community. My parents moved there a few years ago. Great place to fish, hike and play golf. It's south of Littleton and north of Castle Rock

Back