OT: Regarding the new cell phone law & which bluetooth headset would you recommend?

How about making it illegal to drive with the stereo on? That would make the streets safer. No beats = No racing. No noise pollution too. Also people would drive LESS because they will get bored in the car. Less driving = Lower gas prices = Better for the environment

So using the cellphone is prohibited but texting is fine? :confused:

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12857676#post12857676 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SteveOhh
You sure you want to hear the 3 hours of complaining just because you didn't anwser your phone??? :lmao:

Better about this than something else. After 26 years I don't listen anyway.

:lol:

We have two rat-size dogs and if they're in the car Barb drives. I can't stand them in my lap when I'm driving. IMO that's worse than using a cell.
When they take away my right to eat a bean & cheese burrito while I drive I'll sign-up for the protest rally. :lol:

SteveU

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12858246#post12858246 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JownsenJesus
+1 for the cell phone law, hang up and drive.

Also agree................we got along fine as a society 15 years ago when there were no cell phones, so hang up & deal with it....

That's the base fine and then depending on your city and county they will be adding administrative costs to the fine. They say it will be closer to $80 and $190. No way the government can collect $20 from you without losing $50.

Interview with the CHP said the grace period was last month and they'll start aggressive ticketing today.

SteveU

Statistics and studies say that drivers using hands free are just as distracted as people not using it. The conversation is the distraction not the phone. They just have two hands on the wheel, or perhaps are now using that free phone hand to apply makeup, eat a burger, flip people off etc...

I did enjoy the study that showed drunk drivers were marginally safer than cell phones. All the drunk drivers avoided the car that stopped suddenly and all the cell hpone users crashed into it. I dont think it was with people who had drank a huge amount of alcohol or that there were many participants, but funny either way.

It's more than just the distraction. The way that some folks hold their phones it completely wipes out their peripheral vision on the phone side. At least with a hands-free device they can see what they're about to hit and, God forbid, maybe use the turn signal.

How can drivers not be distracted? Road signs, billboards, having to slow to a 5mph crawl in order to see the guy that got pulled over. It helps to not have to try and hold a phone to your head with your shoulder or like beerguy said, blocking your peripheral vision.

True…one of the most dangerous distraction I ever seen…lol

21ju347.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12857950#post12857950 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GTR

When they take away my right to eat a bean & cheese burrito while I drive I'll sign-up for the protest rally. :lol:

SteveU

Amen to that... :lol: :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12859569#post12859569 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by anthias_lover
True…one of the most dangerous distraction I ever seen…lol

21ju347.jpg

Classic! :lmao:

I saw a brand new jawbone 2 on craigslist for $50. That's a good price. I use a jawbone 2 and got it new on craigslist. My wife uses the plantronics 925. that's a good one too. Got that one on Amazon.

well i think we should all use our phone less going foward and give less money to those cell phone companys and see how they like the laws then. maybee its me but i am estimating cuting back at least 20% on the phone going foward. i use it more in the car inbetween appts. now going back to the land lines and such.. so ATT wireless stick it. i lowered my plan 25.00 a month.
does anyone actually know someone that caused and accident while driving or was in one. most likely they could not drive or multitask in the first place. just my opinion. oh well

I've been the victim of an accident while the other driver had their head up their a.. , er, she was on the phone. Had my 3 week old daughter in the back of the car, and fortunately, it was just a clip on the front of the car.

Now that I'm riding a motorcycle, the less people suffer from cranial rectumitis, the happier I'll be...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12860638#post12860638 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ktrandc
I saw a brand new jawbone 2 on craigslist for $50. That's a good price. I use a jawbone 2 and got it new on craigslist. My wife uses the plantronics 925. that's a good one too. Got that one on Amazon.

I just searched and the cheapest jawbone 2 (new) on craigslist is $80

Back