OT- The Dark Knight

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
I might see the next James Bond on the big screen, probably nothing else though as the cost of a ticket, cost of soda and popcorn, the commercials and the young punks are pretty much intolerable for this grumpy customer:rolleyes:

levon15

that release dosent look really how should i say this "legal"

i bet if "they" have the first 5 then I could go get the whole movie right now......

OAD

Premium Member
Soda and popcorn aren't necessary, the only commercials I see are the ones that are on before the show & maybe you could tell the young punks to shut up or beat it? Works for me.

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
You were born after I graduated from college:lol: Seriously, movies used to be very entertaining but all of the advertising hype has made them into something I would rather not waste my money on;)

Spiffyguy

I saw the new Indy movie with the wife. first movie in a year or so. Had 5 Verizon, 2 Sprint and a few car commercials before the flick. Reminded me why I never go to the movies.

OAD

Premium Member
Maybe it was just the Indy movie that made you have such a negative experience ;) .

Amy83820

Yeah...i saw a movie a few weeks ago. I hadn't been in a long time and was amazed and the number of commercials.

Nook- you're starting to sound like one of those old men that yell at kids to get off his lawn! maybe you can talk your way into a senior priced ticket ;)

levon15

You know you should get some dark glasses and take that bear dog with you as an "assistant" like your half blind or something, tell the theater you want to hear the movie.

then once the show starts unleash the beast and you'll be by yourself in the theater

logiktest

Cant wait to see The Dark Knight.

One of my buddies went to the theater to see the movie the other week... not realizing he was a month early. :lol:

(Mini Rant Warning)
Commercials are the worst thing to ever happen to movies. If I wanted commercials, I'd stay home and watch the movie on TV... As if there isn't enough product placement IN movies already...
And then theres DVDs that have commercials too! And while I'm ranting, Whats with the DVDs that try to force you to watch other lame preview's first, before going to the main menu?!

We pay MONEY for all this? ARG! (End Rant)

That said, I'm still gonna go see this movie. :)

Markk96

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12869241#post12869241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
You were born after I graduated from college:lol: Seriously, movies used to be very entertaining but all of the advertising hype has made them into something I would rather not waste my money on;)

You are old and crusty and sound just like my father used to.

Going to the movies is a great way to escape the world for a couple of hours. If you have problems with kids, just go get soemone. I have seen so many movies, and have only had one issue that was bad. We got free tickets. Mostly we go long after the movie has been out, so that solves the problem.

breutus

Don't ask me, I'm wrong.
I was certainly impressed! i would have never thought it could live up to all this hype, but it was a GREAT movie