Our 125 Tank

rock work is good now lots of room but also hiding spaces. Yeah beer bottles (glass). they are coated with a sealant, so reef safe. Drilling the rock was a pain in the butt though and messy but worth it

Out in the wild with all the littering people do espically in the ocean, the bottles will serve as homes for certain species. Im still debating if i want to keep them in there. The idea is to break the bottle towards the bottom that way certain fish can get in/out with ease. I left the lids off cuz they rust and I wouldnt want that. Not all glass is reef safe though. It cant be painted glass but you can keep the label on it as long as you seal it. Eventually if I keep the bottles there will be zoas growing on them along with coraline, etc... Also if I have a mated pair of fish and they decide to reproduce (hopefully) it will happen in the bottles (keeps eggs safe from bigger fish).

what i would try to find is maybe a couple of larger OLD style bottles. like wine bottles. that would look older and part of the reef. But i like the idea.

so far they are still pretty lol no fish yet waiting to get back from louisiana. I have decided that the fish i will have in my tank i am going to need bigger bottles, like wine bottles. but since i live an hour away from the gulf of mexico I did manage to get 5 gallon bucket of sand and a 5 gallon bucket of crushed coral and shells to use in my next tank :). So just like my big tank most my stuff I actually got it from where i live at

Hey guys heres the lastest update new :fish1: :fish2: yay :dance:

IMAG0123.jpg

anyways more to come later and then be on the lookout for our next build thread for our sons 48 gal cube tank :dance:

Good to know ya'll are back in town and things are well. :eek:)

thank you we got back about a week ago been dealing with a few things lol. but we for something for you :dance:. also A BIG THANK YOU FOR KEEPING AN EYE ON THE TANK FOR US WHILE WE WAS GONE. THANK YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND FOR STEPPING UP!!!!!!!!!!

2 clowns and a big colony of zoa's and 1 crab from nmnative. powder blue from sea creatures. also got a 6 head torch coral from sea creatures. all doing well

New stand old one was starting to give out so new stand was built

filtration in the new stand

can't really get a full tank where it sits maybe if we had a better camera maybe one of theses days we will have a better one

Back