Back , but never really left !!!! tank question

GmSaltyOhio

Have always had some sort of saltwater tank running for the past 25 yrs .... 3 years ago , took down my display tank , just didn't have the time to take as good of care of it as I should have been and decided to let go. Well , I never really did , my sump and an extra tank were in the basement , so i relocated the couple fish i had to the sump and few corals , set the light up on it and filled a 55 gallon tank with my liverock and plumbed them together. It was by no means a display system , but i would find myself sitting in the basement ( not a finished basement) watching and messing with it. I think I've decided to do a small display tank in our living room now again, i'm thinking a 15 gallon . Should i go with a AIO or get a drilled tank and plumb to my existing basement system. I was going to eliminate my whole basement system , but am now second guessing . What do you think ??

I think I would put a 75 gallon upstairs and plumb it downstairs, I would do away with the 55 gallon. Use the light upstairs. I cant imagine trying to
run a tiny tank and the equipment for them after using bigger stuff.

Disclaimer
I have a disease and have too many fish tanks, I would probably keep the 55 too.

I don't really want a big tank upstairs anymore , just a 15 or 20 gallon , trying to decide if i should use my existing plumbing and just drill one ... or go with a AOI .... The more i look at it , thinking of drilling a rimless .

I don't really want a big tank upstairs anymore , just a 15 or 20 gallon , trying to decide if i should use my existing plumbing and just drill one ... or go with a AOI .... The more i look at it , thinking of drilling a rimless .
Sounds like a good plan.

Back