Overflow box and sump build

Strassner23

Good evening after having my fluval all
In one set up for many years bought used tank 60 cube and didn't realize it could be plumbed for sump and missing center overflow box. Please help can this be built or bought and can anyone help with sump build And set up. Thank you very much

Attachments

• IMG_3009.jpeg
    IMG_3009.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3021.jpeg
    IMG_3021.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3022.jpeg
    IMG_3022.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3018.jpeg
    IMG_3018.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Assuming you bought this used?

Yes, you need to either build your own or purchased an overflow. I’d start there, then work to figure out what you want to do about a sump.

Nothing happens fast in this hobby, take your time😉

Yes i bought it used so used too all inclusive tanks didn't even pay attention 🤦‍♂️having hard time finding replacement center overflow cover

you need to measure your tank and look on eBay. Height and width of the box and how the weir is made depending on how many GPH you want to go through it. Keep in mind the water level you want in the tank and any plumbing fittings you want inside the box.
You can even have one made. At least you used to be able too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202185859413?hash=item2f13376155
I had one made years ago. I don't remember who but I contacted someone on eBay selling them and they made one the size I wanted.

Last edited:
you need to measure your tank and look on eBay. Height and width of the box and how the weir is made depending on how many GPH you want to go through it. Keep in mind the water level you want in the tank and any plumbing fittings you want inside the box.
You can even have one made. At least you used to be able too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202185859413?hash=item2f13376155
I had one made years ago. I don't remember who but I contacted someone on eBay selling them and they made one the size I wanted.
Yep, Modular Marine on eBay. They made the sump kit I used to build my 10g sump.

There used to be several places that made them. I don't remember which I used.
It was easy. I emailed them the dimensions. They made it and it appeared on eBay. I bought it there and they sent it to me.

Good evening after having my fluval all
In one set up for many years bought used tank 60 cube and didn't realize it could be plumbed for sump and missing center overflow box. Please help can this be built or bought and can anyone help with sump build And set up. Thank you very much
Yep I second Modular Marine on ebay. You should also decide first wether you are going to do one hole drain, one hole return or do both as drains in a Herbie setup, with another separate return (that's what I would do).

Replace both those bulkheads. One has a short pipe glued in it and shouldn't be used anyway.

Back