Palythoa Grandis: Anyone have them?

gobygoby

I have some Palythoa Grandis and hev never really heard anyone tlak about them. They are very cool, get HUGE and are supposedly the most toxic of the species. Mine are red with white stripes and the biggest one is probably 2" dia. I;ll try and get a pic up tonight.

Goby

I've got some that were termed cinnamon polyps. They are primarily white outer disc with a cinnamon colored center that can turn bright green under enough light. The tank they came from has them growing to huge sizes...

These?

I didn't know that's what they were called...

94942IMG_0356.jpg

I have green ones that took over a stalk of a gorgonian at the LFS where I bought them. I saw some of his around 3" mine are still 1.5" at the largest size. Lately they have not been as full as I have seen them.
124088Greenbuttons.jpg

gearqueer,

Those look alot like the Proto psammaphila from the link above. I have some like them and they can certainly change colors, etc., due to lighting, etc.

I will get a pic up of my grandis...

ya actually my biggest polyp is bigger then 2 inches. My computer got hit by a virus and havent been ablt to post a pic yet. I will do it tomorrow.

GOby

Mine haven't reached that size, but the person I got them from has some monsters in his tank. I'd never have believed they could get so large without seeing them in person... He's got some that exceed 2", also.

Back