Parting out 55 gallon reef tank, LEDs, Reef Angel, many more

avionixx

I am selling a very neglected (sadly) aquarium setup that I no longer have the time or the ability to take care of. The tank has been running since about July 2013 and was fine until the tank experienced a massive die off of the cleanup crew which fueled a really bad outbreak of cyano and algae.

I've been fighting the outbreak for months now and even got both phosphates and nitrates to 0, but combined with the lack of time for maintenance and the strict water conservation rules that the HOA is enforcing, I don't see any way out of it so I've decided to sell it all.

I would really prefer to sell it all as a package, so I'm offering a steep discount for anyone who is willing to take it all. I've also added itemized prices for those who are considering buying parts of it, but naturally, priority is given to anyone who wants it all.

Current Residents
  • Ocellaris Clownfish
  • Red Tail Tamarin Wrasse (eats pellets all day)
  • Tyree Green Toadstool (seems to be doing OK despite the tank's condition)
  • A 5-inch pad of Green Star Polyps (algae appears to be getting the best of it)
  • White Bubble Coral (not doing so hot)

Tank/Stand
  • TruVu 55 Gallon long reef tank: single corner overflow, rounded corners, durso standpipe. 7.5/10 condition, no scratches on the outside, but one
  • 5-inch visible scratch inside. No leaks or cracks or previous repairs.
  • Modified oak stand for 55 gallon tank with canopy. 6/10 condition, I made the mistake of not painting the inside of the stand and the salt spray has begun to work on the wood a bit. Outside looks great.
  • 20 gallon long glass sump tank, divided into three compartments (return pump, skimmer, macroalgae section)
  • 5 gallon black plastic ATO tank, with Tom Aqualifter pump
  • Super Reef Octopus XP1000SSS skimmer: $250
  • Jebao WP40 powerhead, motor less than two years old: $40
  • Jebao WP25 powerhead, also less than two years old: $25
  • Tunze Adjustable Recirculation pump 1073.020, 634gph: $50
For all of the above stuff, $550

Lighting
  • 36" MakersLED LED heatsink, with 50 Cree XT-E 3w LEDs (approx 150w output). Mounted with rails in the canopy so it can be moved left/right and forward/back.
  • Meanwell LDD drivers for each color so they can be independently controlled (royal blue, neutral white, hyper violet, OCW), with one extra driver that can be used for fuge lighting (currently using a CFL bulb).
  • Meanwell 350w LED power supply
  • The drivers, power supply, circuit boards and distribution blocks are all wired up inside of an alarm control box that plugs into the wall with a 3 prong plug (the same ones used for a computer power supply) and connects to the LED heatsink with a 15-pin serial connector.
$600 retail parts value, I'd value it now around $400 for the complete setup (wiring already done, etc)

Reef Angel reef management system
  • Comes with the base Reef Angel PLUS package, expansion hub, the WIFI attachment, water level expansion, PWM dimming expansion, and two Jebao PWM cables.
  • This basically controls every aspect of the system; it maintains the lighting schedule and weather simulation system, LED output intensity, the powerhead "current" strengths and patterns, temperature control, automatic evaporation topoff with level sensor, and monitoring. The wireless module allows you to monitor tank status from anywhere there is an Internet connection and commands can also be sent remotely (shut off relays, toggle feed/water change mode etc).
  • It's Arduino-based and it has a VERY active community with folks developing all kinds of interesting things for it (the weather simulation is one of them) so I found it to be a worthwhile investment.
  • Reef Angel also has mobile apps so you can monitor your tank on the go or remotely shut down relays or toggle modes. This functionality is probably the best part since everything can be done with a tap on the screen or a click of the mouse.
Retail for everything is $550, since it's used, will price it at $400.

It's up to the buyer if they want to take the rocks and sand; it's 50lbs of Marco Coarse sand and over 100lbs of craggy Marco rock. The tank has never had any diseases, so the algae and cyano is the only thing to contend with.

If you take everything as a package, I'll let it go for $1100; the lighting and the RA system alone are worth close to that.

I'll throw in a case of Reef Crystals (80% of the box left), Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Testing Kit, and a Hanna Phosphate "Egg" Checker with a box of reagents, and an API Saltwater Master Test Kit.

I'm located in San Leandro. Please feel free to ask any questions, thank you!

Pics:
http://www.rreactor.com/gallery/aquarium/tank1.jpg
http://www.rreactor.com/gallery/aquarium/tank2.jpg
http://www.rreactor.com/gallery/aquarium/tank3.jpg
http://www.rreactor.com/gallery/aquarium/tank4.jpg
http://www.rreactor.com/gallery/aquarium/tank5.jpg
http://www.rreactor.com/gallery/aquarium/tank6.jpg

I would have liked to edit my original post, but I can't seem to find an Edit Link! I've sold off the residents so the tank is now in the process of being broken down and parted out. Here's the piece by piece pricing:

Tank/Stand
TruVu 55 Gallon long reef tank (48"x13"x20"): single corner overflow, rounded corners, durso standpipe. 7.5/10 condition, no scratches on the outside, but one 5-inch visible scratch inside. No leaks or cracks or previous repairs. Asking $100

Modified oak stand for 55 gallon tank with canopy (roughly 48"x13x"20"). 6/10 condition, I made the mistake of not painting the inside of the stand and the salt spray has begun to work on the wood a bit. Outside looks great. Canopy has rails installed for use with a LED fixture and can be modified to fit any other fixture and the back of the stand has been modified so that a large sump can be moved in and out. Asking $50

20 gallon long glass sump tank, divided into three compartments with siliconed glass panels (return pump, skimmer, macroalgae section). Asking $50

5 gallon Tamco black plastic ATO tank with cover, with Tom Aqualifter pump. Asking $50

Super Reef Octopus XP1000SSS skimmer, fully cleaned: Asking $250

Jebao WP40 powerhead, motor less than two years old: Asking $40

Tunze Adjustable Recirculation pump 1073.020, 634gph: Asking $50

Lighting
36" MakersLED LED heatsink with two fans, 50 Cree XT-E 3w LEDs (approx 150w), wired with a 15-pin DB15 d-sub cable. Asking $300

Meanwell LDD drivers, 3x 1000mA, 1x 700mA, 2x 500mA. Asking $5 each.

Meanwell 48-volt, 350w LED power supply (NES-350-48). Asking $30

The drivers, power supply, circuit boards and distribution blocks are all wired up inside of an alarm control box that plugs into the wall with a 3 prong plug (the same ones used for a computer power supply) and connects to the LED heatsink with a 15-pin serial connector. This entire setup only makes sense when used as a complete system, so it would be best to buy the entire lighting package.

$600 retail parts value, asking $350 for the complete setup (wiring already done, etc)

Reef Angel PLUS reef management system
Comes with the base Reef Angel PLUS package, expansion hub, the WIFI attachment, water level expansion, PWM dimming expansion, and two Jebao PWM cables.

This basically controls every aspect of the system; it maintains the lighting schedule and weather simulation system, LED output intensity, the powerhead "current" strengths and patterns, temperature control, automatic evaporation topoff with level sensor, and monitoring. The wireless module allows you to monitor tank status from anywhere there is an Internet connection and commands can also be sent remotely (shut off relays, toggle feed/water change mode etc).

It's Arduino-based and it has a VERY active community with folks developing all kinds of interesting things for it (the weather simulation is one of them) so I found it to be a worthwhile investment.
Reef Angel also has mobile apps so you can monitor your tank on the go or remotely shut down relays or toggle modes. This functionality is probably the best part since everything can be done with a tap on the screen or a click of the mouse.

Retail for everything is $550, asking $400.

Miscellaneous
100+ lbs of craggy Key Largo Marco Rock; these will need to be cleaned/acid bath/what have you to get them cleaned up since they're full of critters and algae. Marco sells these for $215, but I will sell them for $100.

50 lbs of coarse Marco Sand. Asking $25

Case of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, 200 gallon package (80% of the box left), Asking $25

Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Testing Kit, Asking $25

Milwuakee Phosphate Colorometer MW12 "Egg" Checker (same as the Hanna) with a box of reagents, Asking $30

API Saltwater Master Test Kit. Asking $10

All prices are OBO and I will provide a discount for anyone purchasing multiple items. Please PM or reply in this thread if interested!

Sorry, I've already sold the fish which is why I'm able to part out the equipment. Thanks for the interest!

Let me know if you get to the point where you break up the reef angel components. I'd be interested in a few parts of the setup

I would have liked to edit my original post, but I can't seem to find an Edit Link! I've sold off the residents so the tank is now in the process of being broken down and parted out. Here's the piece by piece pricing:

Tank/Stand
TruVu 55 Gallon long reef tank (48"x13"x20"): single corner overflow, rounded corners, durso standpipe. 7.5/10 condition, no scratches on the outside, but one 5-inch visible scratch inside. No leaks or cracks or previous repairs. Asking $100

Modified oak stand for 55 gallon tank with canopy (roughly 48"x13x"20"). 6/10 condition, I made the mistake of not painting the inside of the stand and the salt spray has begun to work on the wood a bit. Outside looks great. Canopy has rails installed for use with a LED fixture and can be modified to fit any other fixture and the back of the stand has been modified so that a large sump can be moved in and out. Asking $50

20 gallon long glass sump tank, divided into three compartments with siliconed glass panels (return pump, skimmer, macroalgae section). Asking $50

5 gallon Tamco black plastic ATO tank with cover, with Tom Aqualifter pump. Asking $50

Super Reef Octopus XP1000SSS skimmer, fully cleaned: Asking $250

Jebao WP40 powerhead, motor less than two years old: Asking $40

Tunze Adjustable Recirculation pump 1073.020, 634gph: Asking $50

Lighting
36" MakersLED LED heatsink with two fans, 50 Cree XT-E 3w LEDs (approx 150w), wired with a 15-pin DB15 d-sub cable. Asking $300

Meanwell LDD drivers, 3x 1000mA, 1x 700mA, 2x 500mA. Asking $5 each.

Meanwell 48-volt, 350w LED power supply (NES-350-48). Asking $30

The drivers, power supply, circuit boards and distribution blocks are all wired up inside of an alarm control box that plugs into the wall with a 3 prong plug (the same ones used for a computer power supply) and connects to the LED heatsink with a 15-pin serial connector. This entire setup only makes sense when used as a complete system, so it would be best to buy the entire lighting package.

$600 retail parts value, asking $350 for the complete setup (wiring already done, etc)

Reef Angel PLUS reef management system
Comes with the base Reef Angel PLUS package, expansion hub, the WIFI attachment, water level expansion, PWM dimming expansion, and two Jebao PWM cables.

This basically controls every aspect of the system; it maintains the lighting schedule and weather simulation system, LED output intensity, the powerhead "current" strengths and patterns, temperature control, automatic evaporation topoff with level sensor, and monitoring. The wireless module allows you to monitor tank status from anywhere there is an Internet connection and commands can also be sent remotely (shut off relays, toggle feed/water change mode etc).

It's Arduino-based and it has a VERY active community with folks developing all kinds of interesting things for it (the weather simulation is one of them) so I found it to be a worthwhile investment.
Reef Angel also has mobile apps so you can monitor your tank on the go or remotely shut down relays or toggle modes. This functionality is probably the best part since everything can be done with a tap on the screen or a click of the mouse.

Retail for everything is $550, asking $400.

Miscellaneous
100+ lbs of craggy Key Largo Marco Rock; these will need to be cleaned/acid bath/what have you to get them cleaned up since they're full of critters and algae. Marco sells these for $215, but I will sell them for $100.

50 lbs of coarse Marco Sand. Asking $25

Case of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, 200 gallon package (80% of the box left), Asking $25

Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Testing Kit, Asking $25

Milwuakee Phosphate Colorometer MW12 "Egg" Checker (same as the Hanna) with a box of reagents, Asking $30

API Saltwater Master Test Kit. Asking $10

All prices are OBO and I will provide a discount for anyone purchasing multiple items. Please PM or reply in this thread if interested!

Is the water level espansion just the single, or the multiple sensor one?

Single water level expansion. And I would like to sell the RA as a package, I'm having trouble making time to meet everyone to complete the sales so I'd rather get rid of a whole bunch of stuff at once if I can!

All of the livestock has been sold.

Updated SOLD list:
All Livestock
Reef Angel
Live rock and sand
Reef Crystals salt

Pictures updated with photos of the cleaned tanks, the Tamco 5 gallon plastic tank and added Eheim Jager 150w heater to the list:

Still Available list:
Jebao WP25: $25
TruVU tank: $50
Oak Stand: $50
Lighting System: Contact me with which part you're interested in
Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Testing Kit: $25
Milwuakee Phosphate Colorometer MW12 "Egg" Checker (same as the Hanna) with a box of reagents: $30
API Saltwater Master Test Kit: $10
Eheim Jager 150w heater: $20, comes with original box, just over a year old.
Tamco 5 gallon square tank with cover (11-1/2" L x 11-1/2" W x 9" H): $30 (retails for $50 on US Plastics)
Tom Aqualifter pump: $10

Bump, buy my stuff!

Still Available list:
Jebao WP25: $25
TruVU tank: $50
Oak Stand: $50
Lighting System: Contact me with which part you're interested in
Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Testing Kit: $25
Milwuakee Phosphate Colorometer MW12 "Egg" Checker (same as the Hanna) with a box of reagents: $30
API Saltwater Master Test Kit: $10
Eheim Jager 150w heater: $20, comes with original box, just over a year old.
Tamco 5 gallon square tank with cover (11-1/2" L x 11-1/2" W x 9" H): $30 (retails for $50 on US Plastics)
Tom Aqualifter pump: $10

Pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53777222@N07/albums/72157655330387634

Back