Penductors

BenjieC

How far below the surface do they need to be placed to avoid sucking air? They are two 1" peductors with a PW 150 driving both.

I am running some on my closed loop. I would think that at least 2" below should be safe. Mine are around 4" below the surface.

At least 2" 4" would be better. Mine are a bir close and sometimes suck in a little air. They are 3/4" and four are tied on a closed loop to a MD100.

500_36-09.jpg

Bill

How far below the surface do they need to be placed to avoid sucking air? They are two 1" peductors with a PW 150 driving both.
Just wondering, how penductors are working for you...hope to have water in new tank, soon...if I need to change anything, I'd like to do it now!

I think my returns are 3" below the surface now. The flow is too much too close to the surface. It's not pulling air but causing too much surface aggitation. So, I had to valve back the return that it is causing cavitation. I tried valving back at the pump and at each return. So I had to valve down the return even more. Now I don't thing there is enough turnover from my display to my sump. Plenty in the display itself: 3-6100's, 1-vortech mp40, and an OM 4way on a dart on a 330DT. I'm going to try and lower them sometime this weekend. I'll post my results.

I think my returns are 3" below the surface now. The flow is too much too close to the surface. It's not pulling air but causing too much surface aggitation. So, I had to valve back the return that it is causing cavitation. I tried valving back at the pump and at each return. So I had to valve down the return even more. Now I don't thing there is enough turnover from my display to my sump. Plenty in the display itself: 3-6100's, 1-vortech mp40, and an OM 4way on a dart on a 330DT. I'm going to try and lower them sometime this weekend. I'll post my results.
Good to know, so I guess that my returns (at 6" below surface) should be safe, and they are adjustible aim! Good luck with your changes, will check back for results.

Back