Penicillus sp. reproducing quickly.

Nice.

:)

Scott, what name would you wish to appear on the pic?
(Jim Bednar's Bryopsis pic is watermarked J. Bednar)
You can PM me the info if you like.

horge

Howard,
i ck'd out Inland Aquatics adn they don't list shaving brush .. is it something you would have to ask them for or was it an incidental (hitchhiker)??\
that'd be a nice plus! ;-)

my manners?! ;-)

my manners?! ;-)

and, not to leave you out Scott..
but congrats on the young one! ;-)P

now if only u could prune marine algaes like u can fw plants, and then possibly grow some turf algae or some such algae on the substrate betw the brushes.. hmmmm...
well, maybe not... have to figure out a way to keep the goby and the crabs from knocking everything around first (?)

:D

Joe,
half-serious, half-exhausted..

macros from IA

macros from IA

Thanks for the list Howard... looks like a pretty good variety...
im putting together a small group to try to get the best shipping costs betw us now.. we'll have to consider ordering from IA now too..

thanks.. .
that'll be one more choice!!

Joe

Lost all of mine less than a month after my last post above... it saddens me still. Going to try again after the sandbed 'matures' some.

Mine are growing good.

Rhipocephalus seems to do better IME for myself and others.
Many mistake it fro Penecillus.

You guys should come down in June and collect all you want.
See plant fest sticky.

I've neglected the tank a fair amount and some mangrove root algae attacked the Caulerpa paspolides but I managed to beat it back.

There are so many suitable marine plants that folks just don't ever keep or try to grow.

Regards,
Tom Barr

I lost all of mine when I moved (the planted tank was without water for a few hours--longer than I expected--so a lot of the algae didn't make it; the grasses were ok). A friend is going collecting in Miami soon, so I might ask her to grab one or two Penecillus for me.
-Will

Back