Peristaltic Pump for Auto Top-Off

Yes, it is rated for continuous duty.

Do you know how loud the pump is in dB?

I have had an Aqualifter which was silent (but back siphons) and now I'm using the Neptune DOS. The DOS is great, but it's very loud. I can hear it from two rooms away through the cabinet. It runs around 60db at a 25ml/minute rate.

You have to be very close to hear it. Based on what i know of computer fan decibel ratings, I'd estimate 30db. It's below my hearing range more than 2-3 feet away. But we have never put a meter on it.

Can these draw up 10' into my attic then across about 50' and back down 9' ?

Also what are the limits going across the attic?

Thanks.

My unit "clicks" on every rotation. I think that the alignment of the gears is off because the screws that mount the rear cover are poking through to the pump head, pushing it out a few degrees off angle.

However, it has performed flawlessly and so far is my favorite ATO.

My unit "clicks" on every rotation. I think that the alignment of the gears is off because the screws that mount the rear cover are poking through to the pump head, pushing it out a few degrees off angle.

However, it has performed flawlessly and so far is my favorite ATO.

Mine also clicks like that. That's my only complaint. Otherwise it's been perfect. I keep intending to contact Avast about it but it's such a minor issue that I Just keep forgetting about it and it's not worth sending it back in for repairs and being without an ATO pump while it's gone. It's a simple enough pump that I could probably fix it myself if I ever got around to getting it out of my stand and taking it apart...

Mine also clicks like that. That's my only complaint. Otherwise it's been perfect. I keep intending to contact Avast about it but it's such a minor issue that I Just keep forgetting about it and it's not worth sending it back in for repairs and being without an ATO pump while it's gone. It's a simple enough pump that I could probably fix it myself if I ever got around to getting it out of my stand and taking it apart...

Mine does the exact same thing. The only reason I took it out of my ATO setup was because I have over 325 gallons in my setup and It would run most of the time because it is actually undersized for my setup. The constant running and clicking was driving me nuts so I went back to using a Tom's Aqualifter. Otherwise it performed perfectly also.

If someone does comes up with a way to solve the clicking, I'd be interested in it and caan easily come up with another use for the pump.

Back