Peristaltic Pump for Auto Top-Off

luisagos

Hi,

Seem like the Peristaltic Pump for Auto Top-Off, Code: PERIPUMP-ATO has been on Backordered for months.

Any word on the reason for the delay?
Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. We are working on a variable speed version of this product. We hope to have it available before the end of the year.

The New Pumps are in stock now.

Just placed an order for two.
Will report on them, once I get them in my hands.
Thank you Avast Marine.

Yes, I did not get a chance to install them yet, will have more pics of my setup when its done.

This is a teaser pic showing how big they are and well built.
Super quiet, I had to put my ear next to it, to hear any noise.

Very nice product from Avast Marine like all their other product lines.

Are these pumps variable speed? I read earlier in the thread that avast was coming out with that, but it is not mentioned on the website whether they are variable speed or not.

Quiet is good also!

Do you know if it is possible to program the pump via apex to run a certain amount regardless of the float switch? I am afraid the 1/4"-1/2" range on the float switch will be too much volume of Kalkwasser to add at one time, and would rather add a little bit every few minutes, and have the float switches as backup. Thanks!

Yes, you can.
Its 120 volt, 10.8 rpm motor, so it runs very slow.

I hated it at first, but after changing my programming from 25 s top-off to 4 min.

I see a huge benefit from the long delay. If I had snail walk across the overflows, my top-off would alarm because of the delay of the snail walking over it.

With this new pump, I have time for the snail to move on, before it alarms out.
Also I am not dumping tons of water real fast.

Takes me 4 min, what use to take 25 s to do.
But slow is good at this point. Should increase the life of the tube for a long time at the speeds it runs.

Good Job.

Hmm... interesting. I need some nice peristaltic pumps for my new build. I"ll have to check their site. I didn't even know Avast was making these.

My god it's been backordered for YEARS! :eek2:

Not really, we just put stock on the site 3 weeks ago and they sold out already! Send a email through the contact page of our website and we will put you on our notification list so you don't have to miss the next batch (2 weeks from now we will have another 50 in stock).

I just got ATO and Peristaltic pump yesterday and I will say it is very nice. It is way different then the JBJ ATO I am used to. It takes well over a 1/2 hr to top off my return section of my sump which is about 12"x24". I am guessing is normal being that it is only a dosing pump?

Yes, it is not a fast pump. But it is very precise in its flow rate. This makes it nice to use with a kalk stirrer as well.

Would this be appropriate to run ~4 hours per day? I need to dose about 1.5g of Kalk.

I'd probably do something like 10 minutes every hour - is the motor rated for that duty cycle?

Back