Red Sea auto top off buy or pass?

Oceanavekid

anyone have a good experience with the Red Sea auto top off? I’ve seen some posts where people had a lot of issues with their unit. One person said it filled 10 gallons into the tank and never shut off. Things like that make me question if I should just return and go with something else. I’m debating sending it back and going with the

Tunze Osmolator

Any thoughts?

I can’t say I’ve heard anything bad about the Tunze. But I also can’t say I’ve heard anything recently bad about the RedSea. I have not ran either and currently run Kamoer. I’ve ran Neptune’s ATO and after 3 pump failures in 2 years, I switched to Kamoer. I know not much help but that’s all I got.

I have used AutoTopoff.com with great success. Bought my first one from them 13+ years ago and have since added them to two other tanks. I tried their product after my JBJ unit died after 2 years of use.

I have used AutoTopoff.com with great success. Bought my first one from them 13+ years ago and have since added them to two other tanks. I tried their product after my JBJ unit died after 2 years of use.
Did you like the JBJ? I’ve got one sitting unopened in my fish room for 6 years when I found it on clearance. Never got the drive to set it up😂. Probably will use it whenever I get around to my long overdue tank upgrade.

I have been using only osmolators and my current one has had a couple instances where even with a clean sensor it will, on occasion, skip a trigger event. I've only had two ATOs over the last 11 years (both tunze). my ato pumps from my garage from a 14 gallon poly drum and has to travel 10 feet to the tank in the living room. I had to increase the line size because the controller would time out the pump due to not enough water moving through that long line within the normal time frame. increasing the line diameter worked but once in a blue moon it will still not trigger.

anyone have or ever look at the avast marine parrot system? The Parrot ATO System

they have been out of stock for a long time but now are available. I may pick one up since they have such a beefy set up and look like it would pump well from distance with the sicce.

Tivo

Back