PET PEEVES....list them here

guests in my house sprinting to see the fishes then doing sudden moves in front of the tank. Obviously the poor fishes scramble for cover and end up stressed. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that if it was a kitten or a dog, but they figure fishes are not really animals...

People that get ticked off when someone calls their clown a nemo when the person has zero previous knowledge of marine fish. If you don't want to hear it, don't get one.

I have a 225 gallon reef tank full of inverts and only 4 fish. The inlaws stop buy and say "You only have four fish"?

Reading thread after thread for weeks, trying to make intelligent decisions based on everyone's experience here, making a purchase and then reading the new threads trashing what I just bought.

not finding what i want at the price i want to pay when i want it..then after i buy it i find 3 of the same item for less than i wanted to pay and way less than i paid

My pet peeve is having someone ask a question and then interpret the answer to be what they wanted to hear followed by justification that someone else did it which made it ok.

x10 There are some questions people only want to hear a certain answer to.

When someone else in the house sprays windex or dusting polish around the tank to clean other furniture in the room. I have to constantly explain that if any of that crap makes it into the tank and crashes it, everyone better leave the house and not return for awhile because it wont be pretty.

"Mommy Look! It's NEMO!!!!!"
"No it's not, that's Marlin and Coral, see, no lucky fin."
"huh?"
"Sigh..." did the kid even watch the movie?

Hey guys I just bought this coral........Now what is it and how do I take care of it. Well see here you bought an impossible coral to take care of because you thought it was pretty now it will just die.

Or when you post something that happened to you and some one is like no thats not what happened. Because you can tell what happened in my tank from 2000 miles away. Now thats really special. I wish I knew what was happening in my tank while I am at work and thats only 18 miles away.

"Can I put a shark in a 125? I know a guy who has one and it's in a 90 right now."

20+ replies saying, "NO!"

"Well, I think it will be okay. It's going into a bigger tank. I'll just take out 100lbs of the 350lbs. of LR, so it'll have more room."

Back