Petco online purchases

I placed an order for 3 anthias and 1 RS Regal Angel.

The 3 anthias came in and water was cold. 1 already dead in the bag. The other two died within 18 hours. I contacted Petco, sent pictures of the dead fish and got a replacement. Eventhough the shipping label showed that there were supposed to be 3, only 2 fish arrived. These two are healthy and in QT.

Note how small the bags and how little water there were. The box was 4 pounds total IIRC.

View attachment 318109

The Red Sea Regal Angel also arrived. Unfortunately it was sick, probably infected in the caudal region. You could see the blotch in this picture when I was acclimating the fish.

View attachment 318106

Then it died overnight. Note the area of infection.

View attachment 318107

I'm done with Petco online.

One more thing: Their shipment notification sucks. All three times, I received the shipment notification AFTER it was delivered.

This is a sample of great packing from another company: two fish, each packed with 5 layers and lots of water and oxygen. The box itswelf was 28" long and weighed 30 lbs. Company stayed on top from beginning until after I received the fish to make sure everything was in order.

View attachment 318100

View attachment 318101

Man, that does suck. I'd be so pumped to know my regal was in the mail, only to have it show up all messed up. I'd be real ****ed. Sorry it happened to ya bro.

I was looking on Petco last night and they had a sale going on that made ordering very attractive. I agree you may not get all your fish you order, or some may come in dead, but it could give some reefers a chance to try a species that may have been out of there budget. I'm definitely going to try a regal angel that cost $120 with a 30 day guarantee than try one with no guarantee costing twice that amount. Its just a strategy. Unfortunately, it seems that this strategy may come with some of that "mental anguish".

I just wanted to state that some petcos get in store stock from Quality Marine.

I have seen the boxes on receiving days.

From my understanding, "magnet" petcos have more freedom on ordering and vendors.

I don't have experience online.

I'm definitely going to try a regal angel that cost $120 with a 30 day guarantee than try one with no guarantee costing twice that amount...

I thought that Petco online no longer offers Regal Angels!

When did this policy go into place? How sure are you that this is the case?

Here is the email I got a few weeks ago about 'back ordered' Regals :
We're sorry to inform you that we are unable to fulfill part of your recent petco.com order #*********. The following item is no longer available through petco.com. You will not be charged for this portion of your order.

Do you see them offered on their website?

I bought from their online store which is run by a nationwide fish vendor not Petco. I bought a yellow tang, kole tang, bluejaw trigger, golden head sleeper goby, 4 green chromis, and a dog face puffer. All fish arrived healthy and active. The golden head sleeper goby died but was replaced for free. A few weeks after the 30 day warranty ended my yellow tang mysteriously died. Besides that all of the fish are still healthy to this day, and even with the yellow tang dying I easily saved over $100 buying from them.

** Make sure you sign up with their newsletter to get your 20% off discount code. I did that and between their already super cheap prices and 20% off you can't beat it anywhere.

Ordered from Petco once before, order didn't ship.

Hopefully with taking over DFS, Petco's online and in store improve.

Well, you can't order live fish from petco.com anymore. Now they just provide a link to liveaquaria.

With over 1100 views to this thread I bet they saw increased traffic on their site for saltwater fish and someone at Petco probably said hey don't we own live aquaria? why are we still selling fish cheaper on our site? shut that off and redirect these customers to liveaquria.

Well that sucks. I had my next fish order from petco.com picked out and once again it was substantially cheaper than LA.

I don't know why Petco wouldn't just add DFS and LA into their main site.

Kind of weird to direct shoppers to another site IMO...

One mega site would just make more sense.

I don't know why Petco wouldn't just add DFS and LA into their main site.

Kind of weird to direct shoppers to another site IMO...

One mega site would just make more sense.

I agree it would make sense to be able to purchase from petco and have the orders filled the same as if you purchased from LA. Buy its obviously easier and cheaper for them to just redirect instead of rebuilding petco.com to do this.

Back