Phoenix 14K's still a good choice?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9080274#post9080274 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SPSFiend
How do the Pheonix 14Ks compare to the Hamilton 14Ks? Which one is bluer?

On Icecap ballasts, the hammy is whiter. Colors pop less, but are more "natural" looking, for lack of a better term. I had them side by side. I'll see if I can dig up a picture...

Here you go:
Hammy is on the left:

Hmm, lookinf at it now, it's tough to tell. Look at the floor though. Notice how the right side is bluer. Anyways, hope this helped you.
115ghammyonleftphoenixonright.jpg

phoenix 14K is my favorite so far...i've used geiseman 14.5K's and AB 10K's also. phoenix smokes them both in color and growth. i also run them on a PFO duall HQI ballast w/ VHO actinic supplementation.

I agree...you will not be disappointed :D

And FWIW, not part of your question, but I think they also give very nice color to fish...even though the phoenix are blue, my orange anthias are VERY orange.

I was running phoenix 14k's. decided to try the new ushio 14's. I lost 4 large acro colonies in a week. Plus I didn't like the color. I switched back and evrything looks better. Most of the corals that were starting to bleach with the ushio's are recovering well. A few I had to frag, frags are doing well. I will be sticking with the Phoenix bulbs from now on.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9076691#post9076691 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kkris
Who's carrying the Phoenix 14K these days? Reef Geek doesn't carry them and Premium's out of stock. Maybe there is a manufacturing change.

Anyone seen a side by side comparison of th Phoenix and Reeflux 12K?

I just got both a 150 and 250 watt phoenix 14K from reefgeek. I first accidentally ordered the 150watt (my mistake) and returned it and got the 250 watt yesterday.

Back