Phone Camera Lens Kits

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Never used a lens kit before but thought I’d try one since I’ve not been happy with the color of my pics.

I bought a cheap lens kit (Zerodis) off Amazon. It has Macro, 15000k and 20000k lenses. Here’s how the pics look:
First pic - no lens
Second pic - 15000k lens
Third pic - 20000k lens

I’m not really thrilled with how they turned out and am thinking I probably need a lens for a different color temp. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My lighting is (1) 175 watt 11000k, 25” Fluval LED (running actinic only over the back of the tank) and a 36” Aquatop Skyled actinic on the front of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpeg
    IMG_7851.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7852.jpeg
    IMG_7852.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7853.jpeg
    IMG_7853.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
I have tried a few different brands and I like the Orphek lens kit. They have a lens with a little more subtle color color too for people like me that run less blue than most now a days.

They work really well for led but found not to well for halides or T-5. It really depends on the amount of blue too.
They add to much yellow or orange if not enough blue like with halides..

I have tried a few different brands and I like the Orphek lens kit. They have a lens with a little more subtle color color too for people like me that run less blue than most now a days.

They work really well for led but found not to well for halides or T-5. It really depends on the amount of blue too.
They add to much yellow or orange if not enough blue like with halides..
This. The lenses work great for LED, but I rarely use them when my halides are on.

Thanks guys, I guess that’s my problem. I have both MH and actinic LED. If I turn the actinics off, the pics look really yellow. If I leave them on the pics have the fake blue look I don’t like.

Back