phyto station

_shorty_

In very early stages of planning out my phyto station. Are valves for each bottle needed to control pressure separately? The alternative is to have one valve for overall pressure, and then 'T's to each phyto culture bottle... The bottles should all be filled to the same water level (aka same amount of pressure), right?.

Also, are check valves needed? From another post, I gathered that mounting the air pump physically above the cultures is a good idea. Any other tips?

I'd put one valve for each bottle. I don't use a check valve, though I think it will be good to use one

to control what pressure?
Just air flow... Under pressure once your rigid airline tubing is submerged... Which helps me realize a valve for each is key, because all station ports may not be used all the time.

Probably a stupid question... :)

I'd put one valve for each bottle. I don't use a check valve, though I think it will be good to use one

I asked cause I don't like the idea of the typical grouped valve as far as neatness for routing airlines. Id like to run one trunk and T off directly at each port. I did find a pack of T's and single valves online though that are cheap with good reviews, so that way I can run the lines like I want and valve each for control.

Each bottle will need it's own valve. It's the only way to get even airflow to multiple vessels with one air pump. As for the check valve, yes if the pump is not above the cultures.

keeping the water at same level etc and not using a valve should work in theory, but it is harder to achieve in reality. you don't want to come home one day to see one of the bottles barely bubbling. I bought a 5pack valve + T (good for 5 bottles each with its own valve) for like $2 at a local pet store.

Back