Picasso and RBTA-only tank - Which nano should I get?

AliKat

I want to have a separate tank for my picassos (who are still young) and some RBTA's. I was thinking of getting a Red Sea Max, but can't really afford that right now. Is there another nano I can get in the meantime that will work? What's the smallest one I can safely keep them in for the time being? Which nano has the best lighting for BTA's? Thanks!

most nano's don't have stock lighting that can support an RBTA. i think MH are best. and i would say 30g for an RBTA but you could most likely go a little smaller. maybe 20g for a small RBTA.

I would actually recommend a RSM. I have GBTAs going great in there and all in all for the price of a heater, powerheads, lighting etc it may add up to the same price. I <3 mine. pics of it at flickr.com/photos/christie

aquapod 24 with 150mh...more than sufficient.
have a 12g used as a prop tank...
currently 8 clones and counting

I've kept an S. haddoni under PCs for a year, and had it double in size. I don't recommend PCs, but they can and do work. BTAs require the least lighting of any commonly kept anemone, and would be fine in most of the nanos.

Would it be okay in a 14 gallon biocube until I can afford another Red Sea Max? Hopefully that won't be too long. Sometime this year for sure.

IMO anemones should not be kept in small tanks. Too little water for ones mistakes. Even the best tank keepers mess up at some point its just natural human nature.

imma agree with the nems shouldnt be held in a tank that small...when i first got my RBTA it was like 2-3" circle.....before it split it was over 16"+ it was a MONSTER!!

Back