Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

Hi, "rehren":

Just had a quick look at the thread and noticed your post.

No, I'm afraid that you are mistaken.

What I posted was a partial list.....comprised only of one of the sub-groups of Tangs...

Only Tangs from the genus (sub-group) "Acanthurus" were listed -in response to a specific comment regarding this sub-group of Tangs which are usually known to be quite territorial.

Other Tangs, for example, from the genus Zebrasoma and the genus Ctenochaetus were not listed....and then, of course, there all the other species/types/families of fish.......

I will post a more complete and extensive list once I get an opportunity to complete a proper inventory.

man, it must be rough having to take a 'proper inventory'. It takes me a while, oh wait, i only have three fish.... I really like your tank, and the whole room/entry way is amazing. did you do all the carpentry work yourself?

As I indicated in my earlier post(s), I have taken some pictures of my reef at night.

I am posting them as I believe it unfortunate that far too many reefkeepers neglect this aspect of reefkeeping.

I would ask you to note the colors, which in many cases actually become more vibrant and intense, as the animals contract.

Far Left Side of Reef:

aa2.jpg

This picture is of the same approximate area as picture "c" on page 1 of this thread.

Far Right Side of Reef (looking at an angle towards the center):

IMG_0840aa.jpg

This picture is of the same approximate area as picture "f" on page 1 of this thread.

Last edited:
Congradulations you have constructed a true window into the ocean. I very much agree with your comment about taking the rock work up to/through the surface to help create this look. I did the same in one of my tanks(a 2.5 the complete other end of the spectrum) and I love the effect. I am now thinking of putting a miror behind it.

Jerome

:eek1:
dear god, hcrk, you are an inspiration to everyone who dreams of one day shooting for the mother of all reef systems, hands down. I feel honored just for you letting us all share a glimpse of your awesome tank with everyone!:spin1:

theofilos said:
HCRK I wonder are you married?
If not plz think of me ok? My sex does not matter :p

This has to be one of the strangest posts I have ever seen. I realize you are from greece and your english might not be that good but do you mean that your sex as in male/female doesn't matter, or do you mean the sexual performance of your partner doesn't matter...

:rollface: :lol: :rollface: :lol: :rollface:

IMG_0730cc.jpg

Is that Charlie Chaplin sitting in the chair (seen in reflection of mirror next to the bar)?

Back