Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

hcrk said:
"..... I want everyone to understand that the most gratifying aspect of having my reef involves the fact that it has often caused visitors to stop and think about life in all of it's complexity and diversity."

hcrk said:

I'm a fan of diversity in all of it's aspects - shape, texture, color, growth pattern, etc. and that translates into an aquarium filled with a wide range of inhabitants.

Im only on page 2 of this thread, so I dont know if anyone has already said this but.....,

You sond like student of Zen with that talk

Holy friggin crap! before i saw these pictures i couldnt of drempt of such a tank... i too, would like to know what you do for a living in a previous post you said "your offices" plural, so... are you like a CEO of some sort? im only 19 and in college and whatever you do for a living is what i want to do... these pictures are like an episode of MTV cribs if anyone is familar with that show.

i do relize privacy is an issue which is prob why you didnt tell us the price of your set up but im going mad thinking about what you do for a living, how much that tank costs etc etc... just write an autobio and send me a copy!!! or just give a lil info... im thinking bill gates, any other guesses?

Polojoe12 said:
im thinking bill gates, any other guesses?

Don't be stupid! The owner of this tank has taste, and an eye for quality. Something Bill Gates will never have!

Layton

Polojoe12,

Anyone obsessed with what toys they could buy if they had a lot of money will never have the money to buy them, trust fund babies and lottery winners aside which most arenââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t. People that focus on what it takes to earn that kind of money will have the money to buy something like.

ââ"šÂ¬Ã…"œBe Do Haveââ"šÂ¬Ã‚

not Have Be Do.

It took me two hours to read this thread in its entirety and it was worth it. I got so many ideas from your tank. The idea that you have shared this with a class of children allowing them into your home to experience something so spectacular, yet personal speaks volumes of you.

I do not feel it is our business what you do for a living but I would definitely like to know where you live? State, Province, country.

Thank you for sharing, Tim

P.S. consider tours!

hcrk said:

The "audience" in this picture is comprised of a class of children from a nearby school who, incidently, are watching a movie/DVD that I highly recommend (and have often used as a teaching tool)
being...."Coral Reef Adventure"
http://www.coralfilm.com/

......and no, I am not a teacher........however, I do feel an obligation/responsibility to use my reef aquariums to try and sensitize people (and especially children) to issues involving nature and the environment and, especially, the current difficulties facing the world's coral reefs.

I am a teacher and plan on using that video for my Current World Events High School Classes.

Nice pic of the kids. That is a very nice thing you are doing.
Next give them lesson so many people need, which is how
to make the right choices in life to afford such luxeries, for
well, most people just don't ever get that lesson.

Two thumbs way up!!

And no it really isn't our business what you do for a living.
(Even if curiousity is high), but where you live is a question,
I know is burning my mind. And it isn't to visit your tank,
just where you have a cellar that large. You must not live in
a swamp thats for sure.

SOMEthinsFISHY said:
no booze here !

Got the hicups?:lol:

**HIC**
no booze here ! [/QUOTE]
**HIC**
no booze here ! [/QUOTE]
**HIC**
no booze here ! [/QUOTE]
**HIC**

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so sorry about hicups i just have 2 b more patient incidently u only get one post count even if it hiccuped a bunch of times !!

Back