Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

It means I does not matter If I am a woman or man I just want to marry him :p ( and sit in front of the tank all the time :) )

lol I think he is just saying that he would do anything to be able to sit in front of that tank all day :p loosen up some, I'm sure he was joking

cordell :D

If I died and could be reborn, I think I would cosider being a blue tort and place myself in the center of this tank. I would be in a position so that all other corals could see me and desire to someday grow up to look like me. All the fish would swim by and say: "Man, for a coral he's not bad looking!" :lol:

nihonjin_anemone said:

Is that Charlie Chaplin sitting in the chair (seen in reflection of mirror next to the bar)?

gumbybc said:
nihonjin_anemone i didn't even notice that, it is kinda freaky lookin, like a ghost standin there.
Yes that is a statue/sculpture of Charlie Chaplin sitting on the bar.

The presence of this statue/sculpture, relates to the fact that the area between the two aquariums (see picture "H" on page 1 of this thread) is devoted to a home theatre.

schoolkids3.jpg

This is a recent picture of the "home theatre" with the large reef (and accompanying reflection) in the background.

The "audience" in this picture is comprised of a class of children from a nearby school who, incidently, are watching a movie/DVD that I highly recommend (and have often used as a teaching tool)
being...."Coral Reef Adventure"
http://www.coralfilm.com/

......and no, I am not a teacher........however, I do feel an obligation/responsibility to use my reef aquariums to try and sensitize people (and especially children) to issues involving nature and the environment and, especially, the current difficulties facing the world's coral reefs.

Ya know,

Seeing those kids sitting there completely captivated by the video and your reef almost brings a tear to my eye. KUDOS to you for not only building an absolutely beautiful system but also for sharing it with those young minds!! Now I just have to figure out how to get over my jealousy of the kids who have experienced your reef firsthand. :D

I would like to DIE in that room!

yeah....hey kids, now that you've seen the awsome reef tank, who wants to tour the bar and see the tank while they're drunk?:bounce3: :bounce1: :bounce2: :beer:

:lol:

HCRK; My hat is off to you, suddenly my 170 set up does not feel so overwhelming.
Thanks for sharing your space with the minds of our future, we need them, in order to keep the world we know and love!
Let me guess. MD or VET, I vote for VET, the MD'S I work with don't care this much about anything (future included) other than what insurance pays (reguardless of the -22 code adder).
Keep up the forward thinking of our future.
THANKS

may i ask you what you do for a living? or what you did?? and where do you live???.........are there tour dates??.....LOL

Thank you

Thank you

Hcrk, I know I speak for everyone here...

Thank you very much for sharing your system.

I now know exactly what my system will look
like...after I make a bajillion dollars. ;)

Thanks again. This was a real treat.

Hcrk

Lovely tank :D

Here is a product that may help you with you humidity problems:
Humidex

I heard about it on one of those home shows & I am considering one for my fish room.

Cheers,
Vic [Veng68]

Back