Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

First of all, I should like to confirm that I was able to communicate with "photobucket" late yesterday evening and that my bandwidth has now apparently been reinstated. :thumbsup:

and now to your questions....
wow! those 1000 watters are huge...did you do all the electrical work yourself....very impressive and a beautiful reef as well as the basement room...i'm sure you received many requests in moving in, if there is any room left i'll take it...don't worry i don't eat much, just throw me a biscuit once in a while.....
No I had a qualified electrician install the electrical work. I also paid someone to actually assemble the glass that makes up both the aquarium and the sump.
I did not feel comfortable with these two technical tasks and felt it would make more sense to entrust them to skilled professionals.
However, I did most of the rest of the work and all of the ongoing care and maintenance.

gig [/i] [B]LOL! BTW said:
hcrk are those Wylands?
No, although I very much like Wyland (and have some of his prints), the artwork that you see in the picture of my basement entrance hall is by two artists: David C. Miller and Christian Lassen. Both live in Hawaii which is where we purchased the pieces.

Originally posted by Jow13
Once you get your photos back up and running. Could we see some close ups of the BAR?
Man do you have a lot of tangs, amazing.
Cheers
Amazing amount of interest in the "bar".
and yeah, I'll take and post a picture of the "bar" set-up
:beer:

Thanks again for all of your positive comments about my tank, basement and, of course, "the bar" ;)

hcrk,

Quite an impressive setup to say the least. I'm in awe. Your attention to detail and interior design are breathtaking.

One question: Do you have any humidity issues? How have you tackled that area? Air Exchanger?

hcrk said:

No, although I very much like Wyland (and have some of his prints), the artwork that you see in the picture of my basement entrance hall is by two artists: David C. Miller and Christian Lassen. Both live in Hawaii which is where we purchased the pieces.

Would you happen to have there information I am interested in there work, if you happen to have a business card from them please pm me with that information..

Again Wonderful tank and Home. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us here at RC

I've noticed the same thing yt.. I think it is because the dolphins seem so serene and peaceful that they just fit right in. I guess you want a school of yellow tangs and a few nemos? hehe :D

That is some awesome art.. I really like the works of David Miller... stunning.

cordell

biodegraded said:
.........The bar is impressive too... :D
yoink326 said:
NICE BAR!!!!!
120bamaguy said:
Since my name is Norm, if you ever need anyone to sit at the end of your bar and drink drafts.....
mr9iron said:
........BTW, nice bar!!!!:D :D Have you ever thought about charging admition for some relaxation time with a drink in front of the tanks?:D
steve68 said:
BAR Pictures :beer:
Jow13 said:
.........Could we see some close ups of the BAR?
Cheers
By popular demand ......THE BAR !!...:beer: ..

The bar area is overlaid with mirrors which reflect the aquarium located on the opposite side of the room.

91c23270.jpg

Cheers !!! to all "bar" aficionados:dance:

(btw - I have also taken pictures of skimming, access, sump etc which I will shortly be posting)

For some strange reason...

For some strange reason...

I feel like having a drink.

Sapphire and Tonic please with two limes. :D

Excellent bar for entertaining and the aquarium isnt all that bad ;)

Back