Pife's Low Buck Build 250 Deep Dimension

I used RocketEngineers Thread http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567110&highlight=stand There is a ton of information in that thread. I went with 2x6's for the top support and 2x4 uprights and for the bottom. I put a piece of 3/4" Plywood on the top and countersunk all screws with exception to the pocket holes. The wood is Pine from a big box store. Take your time while picking out lumber. For the small amount of wood that I bought it took me over an hour to pick it out. The more straight you start with the easier it is to keep it level and square. Good luck with your stand build and post up some pictures when your done.

I used RocketEngineers Thread http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567110&highlight=stand There is a ton of information in that thread. I went with 2x6's for the top support and 2x4 uprights and for the bottom. I put a piece of 3/4" Plywood on the top and countersunk all screws with exception to the pocket holes. The wood is Pine from a big box store. Take your time while picking out lumber. For the small amount of wood that I bought it took me over an hour to pick it out. The more straight you start with the easier it is to keep it level and square. Good luck with your stand build and post up some pictures when your done.

Thanks for the response. I've been follow RE's thread for some time now. I have been debating using a big box store or a lumber yard. We have a couple near me that have indoor, temp controlled storage yards. There is a decent increase in price but I'm thinking it might be worth the increased cost.

Thanks for the response. I've been follow RE's thread for some time now. I have been debating using a big box store or a lumber yard. We have a couple near me that have indoor, temp controlled storage yards. There is a decent increase in price but I'm thinking it might be worth the increased cost.

I don't think it matters where you get your lumber as long as you get tight grain and straight pieces. I know at the lumber yards I've been at they would have gotten restless with me looking through all the lumber. Good luck. If you have followed his thread and make precision cuts your stand will turn out very strong and sturdy.

My tank was built like you are doing. The only "new" items on my tank are some of the PVC, fittings and the lumber/finish for the stand, bulbs, and one LED fixture I replaced one of the MH's with. I wish I found the deal you did on the tank. I will stay tuned for any future ideas.

My tank was built like you are doing. The only "new" items on my tank are some of the PVC, fittings and the lumber/finish for the stand, bulbs, and one LED fixture I replaced one of the MH's with. I wish I found the deal you did on the tank. I will stay tuned for any future ideas.

Do you have a build thread? I was very lucky on finding the tank. The wife doesn't think so though.:hmm3:

my last build that I started two years I bought everything brand new and then 18 months later we decided to sell our house and move out of state. I sold the tank, stand and sump but this time the only thing that is being bought new is the tank. I am building the stand, using stock tanks and various rubbermaid containers for filters and trying to keep the cost down on the setup.

my last build that I started two years I bought everything brand new and then 18 months later we decided to sell our house and move out of state. I sold the tank, stand and sump but this time the only thing that is being bought new is the tank. I am building the stand, using stock tanks and various rubbermaid containers for filters and trying to keep the cost down on the setup.

How do you like the DC12000?

nothing is hooked up yet. New tank won't be here until first week of April. I did put one in a 5g bucket of water and plugged it in to test it. With no fittings on the 1.5" outlet it shot water pretty high into the air.

Sounds like some good flow. I have been kicking around getting one. I like that I could hook it up to my Apex and control in and give is soft start ect.

yeah I have seen few guys on here diy the cord to be able to control it with the apex for variable speed control. I will be using them on my closed loops and I am thinking about doing the same.

Do you have a build thread? I was very lucky on finding the tank. The wife doesn't think so though.:hmm3:

Lol, I hear you about the wife. My next investment is to install a ventilation system to the outside. I hear about the "smell" from my wife all too often.:wildone: I do have a dehumidifier now that is helping some.

My build thread is A Sac-Town 225

I the stand build was from a previous 375 I started. Different build thread found here. 375 gal Slow-build

Is your Dehumidifier vented to the outside? I will read through your thread. Thanks for sharing.

Is your Dehumidifier vented to the outside? I will read through your thread. Thanks for sharing.

No, I just have a portable one. It collects the water in a removable container or can be plumbed to a drain. I don't recall the specs for it as I purchased it several years ago for some different tanks. It does a great job keeping the humidity in check from the two tanks I have on the ground floor, however, the fan is a little loud when it is running.

As you could see in the back ground of the picture of the Calcium Reactor I have bought the trim and oak plywood to help finish off the stand. ($120) I haven't done any work on the stand as I have been a little busy with other stuff. I have been looking at where I was going to put the tank on the first floor in the Dining room and have found that it won't support the tank the way that I would like it to be supported. I have however found that it will fit perfectly in the living room just to the right of the TV. My wife is pretty upset about this as it is also in front of a window. I have promised her new carpet before I put the tank in and she is working on getting the wood floors refinished out of it also. But moving on I have purchased 250 pounds of live rock ($300) and some Lumen something reflectors ($60) for my 400 watt Metal Halides. The rock is in the blue containers. I am going to bleach it and acid wash it just to be on the safe side. I have build the stand to my soon to be frag tank and little 10 gallon qt tank. I plan on cutting down the 58 gallon tank as well. Should I just use some PVC pipe and egg crate for my frag tank? What do you guys use?

12751720225_b69a82fe44_b.jpg

12751871483_62bc3b21a3_b.jpg

12751917823_41489d3d31_c.jpg

12751794625_cba525f321_b.jpg

Back