Pix & ID: Critters that come in your rocks: the good and the bad.

Tacos, I can't get your vid to play. As a guess (since you named it "snail") maybe a stomatella, a collonista, or a pyramid snail. I have pics of all of those on my Homepage (click my name & pick Homepage) or you can google them.

Hogfan, maybe a baby plate coral?

Thanks Sushi. It sure looks like a miniature plate coral. Today I noticed there is one next to it that I hadn't noticed before, about half the size of the other. Both have their tentacles out. Amazing that a stony coral would survive the cycle.

Tacos, I can't get your vid to play. As a guess (since you named it "snail") maybe a stomatella, a collonista, or a pyramid snail. I have pics of all of those on my Homepage (click my name & pick Homepage) or you can google them.

Hogfan, maybe a baby plate coral?

Thanks Sushi! I couldn't find anything like in in your pics or by googling those names, however, here's the video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd09felmNiE&feature=youtu.be

A few things in my tank that might be bad?

A few things in my tank that might be bad?

The one of a rock looks like a feather duster kind of thing if someone could help me out and let me know if it is bad/good/or don't matter, and then the other one looks like a miniature anemone, and I have a few of those in there, and I could not resize my last one to fit but there are a few more things that are sort of small and have green and brown tentacles.

Attachments

• SAM_0620.jpg
    SAM_0620.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SAM_0618.jpg
    SAM_0618.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1
Yep, both pics are aiptasia. The green & brown tentacles sounds like majanos. Both will sting corals & invade your tank. Best to kill them ASAP.

The ones in the rock look like feather dusters, wasn't sure if they were baby ones since there used to be a few in their over the past few years, and how do I kill them all?

uploadfromtaptalk1369004928730.jpg

Anyone ever seen something like this little green pod. I think he is responsible for eating a little cavity in my Magician palys.

Sent from my big *** phone!

M-six, I can't tell, sorry.

SantorKyle, featherdusters are harmless. What is in the 2 pics you posted are aiptasia. If you put "kill aiiptasia" in the search function of this site, there are lots of ways, all dependent on which one you feel like trying.

ID Please

ID Please

I know the rock has hair algae, but could you identify these for me? They look like maybe a star polyp?

Attachments

• IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4724.jpg
    IMG_4724.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
What Am I?

whatami_zps5137f98b.jpg

Is it a type of nudibranch? Is it bad?

It's been moving verrryyy slowly these last couple days, but moved about 2 inches in an hour just now.

Fleshy limpet. Good grazer. I feel like I never see mine move, but it manages to make circuits of the tank whenever I'm not looking.

Terrible photo, I know, but for the second time in about a week my hermits have released larvae.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369275787890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369275787890.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
Sushi, Here's a better picture of the hitch hiker coral I posted earlier. I now have found six of these. The tentacles are about 1/2" long and are translucent green. Does this help any? Is this a stinger? Should I move the Zoa's a little?

004_zpsbf5cd7b0.jpg

Back