Placement for Tunze on Peninsula Tank

EmDy

Hello Roger,

I need your help on setting up the tunze. Tank is 6x2x2, peninsula style, overflow on the right. I have wavebox next to the overflow, 2 tunze 6101 on opposite site of the tank pointing diagnally toward the overflow, control by 7096. Thanks.

It would be best to have 1 6101 on each side if possible. I don't have much advice for both pumps on the same side, I would just try various settings and see what works. If you can place on on each side, try Interval mode with a 6 more interval and 3 second pulse between 30-100%. Place the pumps so they hit the front of the tank about 5 ft away from the back corner they are placed on.

roger, thanks for quick reply. would it possible that I get one more 6101 and put on the same side of wavebox and make it like the slave since 7096 use 3 & 4 input for wavebox.

Yes, but this generally will result in a very modest increase in wave height only. The displacement of the box itself greatly magnifies the force of the wavebox pump, a pump only will result in a 1/8"- 1/4" boost.

Roger,

this is a quick sketch by paint program on how you want me to position the pump, right?

untitled.jpg

A: Wavebox
B: 6101
C: 6101

As a general rule the best pump placement is back corner aimed to 1ft foot in from the diagonal front corner, but this varies with layout and it is largely a trial and error process.

Back