Planned power outage

Turned the whole backup system into a project for my adopted/foster son. He was a big help. We built a small stand(extension) for the battery as it weights 60 lbs!, and a small shelf for the Battery Charger charger to keep everything as organized as possible around the pump and dosers. Everything is done minus another Tunze safety connector that I ordered but all the wiring is finished.
The final product:
d66076c16c14296b8590e218dd2ce614.jpg

4226aa168ced40c2329a8e27c8f256b0.jpg

ec0de943fb3fa7aa064eb5447933e22e.jpg

8828734bd3484f607782d89ab2fe5e3f.jpg

7fcbcbc893971bec4b4360aab121e264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What up fellas. Since we are on this topic I wanted to share that this jackery explorer 1000 has been a life saver for me. Initially bought it on sale last year for our camping trips as we like to run high powered appliances like instapots but it has saved my tank from long power outages esp during the winter. Esp running the heaters on my larger tank. I love the fact that this doesn't use gas, super quiet and you can constantly charge it with solar panels. It's pricey but in my opinion worth it's weight in gold and peace of mind.
0cccfc64f73a91900c40f002c3345040.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Second person I've seen recently that has one. I may look into that but I have my heart set on a Honda Generator.

Second person I've seen recently that has one. I may look into that but I have my heart set on a Honda Generator.

hi BeanMachine,
i had both (fam likes to camp a lot and needed something with all the power outages) the honda 2200 IMO is the best generator out there but it is very different from the jackery. i eventually sold the honda to a friend and went with the jackery. the jackery was a game changer for me due to it being whisper quiet (so i can run it over night), no need to fill with gas (no emissions), and it you can recharge continuously with solar panels. only downside to the jackery 1000 is that it will not power things requiring 1200+watts (i.e. deep fryer, etc). it is pricey, but it does go on sale from time to time. good luck

With all the power outages I'm so glad I took care of business last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a tunze battery backup. For those of you that has this is it as easy as plugging in batteries with the unit? Any DIY steps?

Missed it and thanks for the pm Louis! Should be getting it in this week so will attempt to put it all together.

I have 5 used UPS battery backups in trade for 10-20 worth of corals, fish or CUC. They all need batteries which I would be glad to install for the cost of the batteries plus $5 for my time getting them. Good quality batteries are around $39 for 12N7s as used in the three 500BA UPSs. The 750VA and 900VA both use bigger batteries which are a bit more.

Back