Please Post Pictures Of Your Working Pm Bullet Skimmers...

Is there something I can do to the pump? I got it from PM not from a dealer, it's made for this skimmer. Mike at PM told me that this Pan World Is more than enough.

PM SAID OUR SET UP SHOULD BE WORKING GREAT!!!

DSC00001.jpg
DSC00002.jpg
:mad2:

hmmm....what about the waste collection cup. I see it drains into a plastic bottle of some sort. Is that pretty air tight?

I second or third raising the water level in the skimmer.

The skimmers fine
The pump fine.

You got all the build up in the neck so the skimmers working. You just need the water level higher. Its free try it.

How high did you raise it? In your pics the water level seem a good 12" or more below the cup. How does your water level compare to wrassie86's?

I own a MRC MR-1 and run the water level a whole 6" above MRC suggestion.
My water level was up to the start of the second riser
Permplumbing.jpg

The point at which the crap build starts is where the "dry foam setting" on the skimmer would be. If like in your pic the crud is building up well before the cup the water level needs to be raised.

What's a no go if you raise the water level? You may need to raise the body of the injector if you raise the water level in order to keep water from trying to go out of the injector body. Ditch the muffler... it's doing nothing but impeding the air flow. The air intake shouldn't be whistling while the skimmer is running... you aren't looking for a tornado in the skimmer... you want to see a seperation in the froth. You should develop a calm layer on the top. The 5 o'clock setting that Mike suggests may not be correct for your application.
Here's another experiment...close the air intake. The water should go calm. If it doesn't check the machined twist lock and also the sch 80 union. I noticed that until these work themselves down with regular opening and closing that air can seep through. Once you can get it dead calm with the air closed then adjust it. I have found that the sweet spot tends to be right before it starts making noise.
Good luck!
Jon

Thanks guys..

I am going to try to raise the water level and take off the muffler then we will see what happens.

John

I have also not been producing much waste on my Bullet 1. This thread convinced me to raise my water level higher. Here is a picture of it running almost a year ago.
Equipment_March_06.jpg

Why on earth are you guys running your water level so low? You need to raise it way up. The crap thats accumulating on the riser necks would be in the cup, and you wouldn't be making this thread, if you raise the water level.

To the OP-The skimmer looks like it will rock pretty good once you get the water level right. After all, the neck looks BLACK.

Good luck guys.

how are you setting the water level. If I recall, On my bullet 1, you close the air completely, and adjust the gate valve until the water is a couple of inches above the black box, or about the height of the injector. When you open the air vavle, the water level will go down, so you need to raise it back up. To me, this is the hard part, its difficult to tell where the bubble stop and the water begins.

Kaidenjohn, after you posted the last pics I thought that the wastse collection cup you have rigged up might be stopping the air flow. If that container restrics the air flow, the skimmer wont work well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7588082#post7588082 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fiziksgeek
how are you setting the water level. If I recall, On my bullet 1, you close the air completely, and adjust the gate valve until the water is a couple of inches above the black box, or about the height of the injector. When you open the air vavle, the water level will go down, so you need to raise it back up. To me, this is the hard part, its difficult to tell where the bubble stop and the water begins.

Kaidenjohn, after you posted the last pics I thought that the wastse collection cup you have rigged up might be stopping the air flow. If that container restrics the air flow, the skimmer wont work well.

Fiziksgeek
After you set your water level dont worry about what level the air takes it to.your thinking to hard on this.Also when raising the water level you dont want to raise abouve the beckett unless you have made a riser for it.But you'll know when the water level is to high.
On my PM3 i run my water level at 12 inches(air off).On my MRC1 (about the same skimmer)i ran my water level at 6 inch with a riser also.

I was only trying to point out that when you set the water level with the air intake closed, it drops considerably when you let air in. Thus the necessity to raise it back up :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7606791#post7606791 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fiziksgeek
I was only trying to point out that when you set the water level with the air intake closed, it drops considerably when you let air in. Thus the necessity to raise it back up :)

My bad,i misunderstood:) I know on my PM3, if running the way the instructions say,that would put my water level in the box somewhere.Mine 12 inches air off,i think there is a 4-5 inch drop once the air is on.But like you said,hard to tell.

Back