Polyps Galore, 70+ Colony Zoa tank

Really extremely impressive! Any tips on how to get the zoas growing into big colonies in an attractive way? Do you select a large, round rock and just keep it clear of other stuff until the zoas have covered everything?

Really extremely impressive! Any tips on how to get the zoas growing into big colonies in an attractive way? Do you select a large, round rock and just keep it clear of other stuff until the zoas have covered everything?

I have two methods that tend to work:
1. Place frags in a rubble mat and don't touch em.
2. Epoxy frags flush with liverock and don't touch em.

Both ways require not touching your frags.

well im always open to trades! looking at your zoas, i doubt i would have anything amazing enough for you to want to trade! haha PM sent

I have lots of room to play, duplicates never hurt! Trade shipping sucks in the winter up here though, Manitoba @ -43C and Calgary @ -40C :blown:.

I have lots of room to play, duplicates never hurt! Trade shipping sucks in the winter up here though, Manitoba @ -43C and Calgary @ -40C :blown:.

Haha agreed. Canadian weather isn't quite as forgiving for shipping. I DO have some "joker" zoas that I'm pretty sure you don't have that are harder than hell to find! Lime green/yellow skirt with purple face. They are one of my favorites that I have. Shoot me a text or pm and we will have to figure something out! I LOVE your collection. (just gotta ship with heat packs if we wait till winter" haha

im starting up a new tank just from seeing these pics! what K of LED would give zoas the best color 14K or 20K

I had the same pest problem and also went with the harlequin. Totally erradicated the pests in about a month, he grew on me so now i feed him a nice size sand sifting starfish about once every 3 weeks or so. love your zoa's!

I have two methods that tend to work:
1. Place frags in a rubble mat and don't touch em.
2. Epoxy frags flush with liverock and don't touch em.

Both ways require not touching your frags.

10-4 on not touching the frags. Part of my problem is that I don't really have a zoa "area" that I'm yet happy with, so move things round a bit. Plus I have a hydroid problem which means I have to fish them out from time to time to remove the hydroids to enable the zoas to grow properly. I need to get my aquascaping done and sort out the hydroid problem!

Once that's done I will try to emulate your success over the next couple of years, even I can't hope to equal it! Thanks for sharing. :)

How much of the multi greens supplement do you use daily. I dont know how much to dose my tank with.

Haha agreed. Canadian weather isn't quite as forgiving for shipping. I DO have some "joker" zoas that I'm pretty sure you don't have that are harder than hell to find! Lime green/yellow skirt with purple face. They are one of my favorites that I have. Shoot me a text or pm and we will have to figure something out! I LOVE your collection. (just gotta ship with heat packs if we wait till winter" haha

Agreed, have been looking for a nice strain of jokers for a while now I will shoot you a text when my semester isn't so crazy.

09/09/2011 08:46 PM
acasp4 im starting up a new tank just from seeing these pics! what K of LED would give zoas the best color 14K or 20K

I'm humbled :beer:! 14k will give you a bit more growth while 20k will appear a tad more blue, never used LED's though anyone with experience should chime up now please.
09/27/2011 02:21 AM
Rawby How much of the multi greens supplement do you use daily. I dont know how much to dose my tank with.

I no longer dose the multi vit supplement, have been a bit to busy and the tank is no longer @ my house. We do have a VERY large bioload though so lots of fish poop floating around.

Today 07:41 PM
gambitcobra really awesome zoa spread!
Thank you!

FTS Fuge light on:

FTS:

Fish:

Misc Coral:

Back