Pooky's 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15556890#post15556890 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet

IMG_6427.jpg

Dude, did this thing fall off a truck?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15557091#post15557091 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
My wife still think I got the jocs in trade for corals :p

you too? Thats how I got my Gem Tang! :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15557091#post15557091 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti

Well, in a way, that's how it works out. Sell some corals. Use the money and buy something else. I do a LOT of trades myself :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15557174#post15557174 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ian
Dude, did this thing fall off a truck?

It did! I saw it in the back of the truck ahead of me so I bumped the truck and it fell out. Lucky me. Who can say no to a free chiller :)

I tested my water last night and alk was hovering just above 11. But the big kicker was the Ca level. It was at a whopper 550+ ppm according to the Elos kit :eek2: I guess I forgot to adjust the Ca reactor since the Acro die off :eek:

How ya been, Joe? Good to hear from you.

Currently, I've been using a mix of TM, D&D, and IO, with the majority of it being TM and D&D in equal parts. I've been using a mixture for quite a few years now. TM had been the staple until a few months ago when I mixed in D&D due to good reviews from several friends. The fillers are usually IO, RC, SeaChem, or some others that I can pick up cheap but still good quality.

Good-good-same to you buddy, I was just looking for how your CA got so high other then your reactor-usually hard to raise CA with reactors- either way, your acros were under stress being that high I am sure, I lost a couple sensitive ones like that- I was pushing 560 after using a bad test kit-sux bringing down CA in 1000g of water- water bill was high that month =)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15562989#post15562989 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquariumclown
What's the benefit of mixing diff brands of salt Kenny?

Leo, I did it in the beginning to benefit my wallet :D I wanted the promised "quality" of the higher priced salts but was hoping to deflect some of the costs. But in the end, I believe it creates a bit of stability by mixing several salt brands just in case some one had a bad day and produced a bad batch. In that case, the system won't be impacted tremendously. Well, at least that's my personal opinion on the whole thing :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15563004#post15563004 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KEEPERZ
Good-good-same to you buddy, I was just looking for how your CA got so high other then your reactor-usually hard to raise CA with reactors- either way, your acros were under stress being that high I am sure, I lost a couple sensitive ones like that- I was pushing 560 after using a bad test kit-sux bringing down CA in 1000g of water- water bill was high that month =)

It's probably just my reactor. I never dialed it down as my Acros are dying. I've lost over 60% so the Ca consumption is way down. It won't affect my water bill. I'll just let it drop naturally. It's not like it could do anything more to my Acros:eek:

I wish I could pull this off so many more things I want

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15563698#post15563698 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by racerw
I wish I could pull this off so many more things I want

but, you are the wife. What about the old saying "happy wife, happy life" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back