Pooky's 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15529117#post15529117 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
Me likey.

My trip to Bora Bora has altered my views on life :)

Bora Bora was cool. We did that, Moorea, and Taha'a in 12 days, I think. We spent a week on Taha'a though and glad we did. It was very quiet and relaxing. Nothing to do but lounge around on the over the water bungalow and drink some ice cold Hinanos :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15529237#post15529237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquariumclown
Kenny, that was a small atol off San Andres, a small unknown island in the Caribbean (about 300 miles south of Grand Cayman). They have some big reefs there, but also it's 3 feet of water for miles at 80F. Once you get in the water you don't want to get out. The water is more comfortable to be in than dry air, lol.

Daymn....I would love to go to Taha'a.

I know what you mean, Leo. Another destination to add to the travel list. I hope to visit there some day. The lagoon waters are so calm and warm. Ahhhh......the good old days.

Man, one thing I don't relish coming out east are the mosquitoes. I've forgotten how aggressive they can be ever since I left New Orleans eons ago. You stand still for one second and they are all over you. And how exactly do they get you through a shirt???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15534535#post15534535 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FUA
wow that pic of the house and island is mesmorizing....

I am glad you like my house :lol:

Well, came home after 9 days and everything is still the same. The Acros are still dying little by little but all my fishies are fat and happy. I actually think the tank looks better with less corals. When I do restock on the Acros, I think I will only keep a select handful of tank raised corals and let them grow out. Getting really tired of the corals everywhere look.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15538339#post15538339 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Getting really tired of the corals everywhere look.

Sorry to hear about the continuing issues, but I feel you on the above statement.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15538339#post15538339 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Well, came home after 9 days and everything is still the same. The Acros are still dying little by little but all my fishies are fat and happy. I actually think the tank looks better with less corals. When I do restock on the Acros, I think I will only keep a select handful of tank raised corals and let them grow out. Getting really tired of the corals everywhere look.

Kenny you are welcome to shop from my tank when you want to restock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542515#post15542515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FUA
that is your house wow talk about living in paradise

Yep, I am in paradise every day :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15540261#post15540261 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
Sorry to hear about the continuing issues, but I feel you on the above statement.

I've been saying it for too long. Now it's the time to do something about it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15543763#post15543763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquariumclown
Kenny you are welcome to shop from my tank when you want to restock.

Thanks Leo! That time may come sooner than later.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15544004#post15544004 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
I've been saying it for too long. Now it's the time to do something about it.

Me too :sad1:

My lil' office tank resurrected!!! It'll sit on the counter on the opposite wall from the 300. It's pretty simple, mainly for QT and fish acclimation, hopefully the cold water variety :D Polished it up nicely to remove all the little scratches. It'll be bare bottom with a few pieces of live rocks only. Still have to hook up a Tunze 9003 skimmer on it. Then the light and the Tunze osmolator. A small chiller and it's done.

IMG_6415.jpg

The feed and return for the chiller.

IMG_6412.jpg

I am just getting myself ready when opportunity comes a knockin'. Already got the 300 down to 74, without a chiller :) Anyone want to buy my Deltec Eco-Cooler??? :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15550802#post15550802 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
What fishies are you looking at Kenny?

Yeah Kenny, what fishies are you lookin' at?

Wanna buy a Conspic? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back