Pooky's 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15550802#post15550802 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
What fishies are you looking at Kenny?

Right now, I am mainly interested in the interruptus and the bandit :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15550834#post15550834 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ian
Yeah Kenny, what fishies are you lookin' at?

Wanna buy a Conspic? :D

Dude, that's totally out of my league. I also prefer that they don't get huge.

Got some water in the tank to do a test run. The MJ1200 is providing plenty of water movement for what's needed. Hoping to pick up a used chiller this week to bring the temp down. It'll be fed by an MJ900 for now.

IMG_6423.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15551329#post15551329 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Hoping to pick up a used chiller this week to bring the temp down. [/IMG]

I know someone that has a Deltec Eco Cooler for sale :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15551368#post15551368 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ian
I know someone that has a Deltec Eco Cooler for sale :lol:

If I could find a good spot for it, it'd be running by now :(

I don't think they actually produce much heat per se, but more in terms of humidity. The Deltec doesn't function like a typical chiller where the heat is removed from the water. It's more like have fans blowing on your tank but much more efficient. That's why it really works in dry climates like ours.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15551110#post15551110 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Right now, I am mainly interested in the interruptus and the bandit :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15551120#post15551120 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Dude, that's totally out of my league. I also prefer that they don't get huge.

Very cool Kenny, I had a bandit for a couple weeks but it never took to eating :( The smaller ones have a better chance from what I hear. I thought you mentioned you did not want fish that get too big...

By big, I meant 10"+ and grow fast. I can deal with 6-8"+. Who knows, things change. I've always like some of the large angels but have always been wary about keeping them .

In my experience and research, many of the larger angels do less damage in a reef tank than the pygmy's. I used to be obsessed with the interuptus', but just knowing they get so big really made me go the direction I did. I am so happy that they are basically full grown and they aren't even 4 inches.

I guess I am not worried about the potential "damage" as how big they get in proportion to the other fish in the tank. Given time, as some of my other fish get bigger, the angels won't look huge compared to everyone else. As in life, it's good to venture out and dabble in a little of everything :)

LOL Kenny, you reminded me of those people that come over to my house who have no clue about tanks say "wow, you should put a shark in there!"

Did a water change on the 300 yesterday so I saved some of that water and put it in the 16. Also moved over some live rocks that were sitting in the sump.

IMG_6424.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15552027#post15552027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a shark or two :)

If I find a shark in my tank, i'm coming after you Kenny!

Your right they are, I seen baby ones in the background tour of Aquarium of the Pacific. The ones that walk on their fins. Too bad I don't even have floor space for them to walk :lol:

Kenny, don't you have anything to do today, or you just gonna stay home all day answering my ridiculous comments? hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back