Pre-Order: Maxspect Gyre XF130

Awesome! Thanks for the link.

Does Mario still have that unit? I live 30 minutes from that store.

Would like to go check it out.

Jason

looks great. Seriously considering it for my 2x2x1 nano. I'd imaging I'd need to run it at a pretty low setting though

I want to buy a gyre just for surface agitation with the benefit of extra flow...tank is 60"x24"x24" and it's 1/2" glass. I think the xf130 would be perfect but my concern is it might not have its best grip being on the thickest glass it can handle. What does everyone think?

I want to buy a gyre just for surface agitation with the benefit of extra flow...tank is 60"x24"x24" and it's 1/2" glass. I think the xf130 would be perfect but my concern is it might not have its best grip being on the thickest glass it can handle. What does everyone think?

I can let you know what I think about it when I get it. I have 1/2" glass. I pre ordered one with Marine Depot and read they might ship this week... just waiting for an email.

mxett, on a 12" tall aquarium, you will indeed want to start it fairly low. We would recommend starting at about 40%, then go from there. The Gyre XF130 should work great for a tank with those dimensions.

luvreefs23, with the aquarium being 60" long and the glass being 1/2". We would recommend the larger XF150: which worked great for the aquarium in our video that is also 60" x 24" x 24". We feel it is better to have a little bit more capacity and throttle pump back, then to have the smaller model and wishing you had a bit more.

BeanMachine, we have our fingers crossed as well.

The Maxspect Gyre XF130 was shipped to us last Friday; we are just awaiting delivery and anticipate being able to fulfill all MD pre-orders this week.

Would the XF130 at a very low setting work for a Nuvo Fusion 20? It says it's rated for 25+, but the Nuvo 20 is a relatively long tank...

Hi Lebanese Dlight, the Nuvo 20 is relative long at 24": however, with the back portion being partitioned off for filtration, the actual water volume in the display aquarium portion is likely less than 15 gallons. We would expect the Vortech MP10 to be the better option in the case.

Hi Jreed983, you may need to have it at lower setting, but the smaller Gyre XF130 should work fine for a 34-gallon seahorse aquarium.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Size of tank

Size of tank

I have a 100G 4' by 20" by 20". Should I be getting the 130? I am worried the 150 even turned down will move too much water. From what I am reading i think the 150 but I have heard a few people say to get the 130 unless you have a tank over 120G because of the amount of sand it moves.

New Gyre XF130 installed, moved one of the MP40s to the back right and I don't think I need the other MP40 on the back left after all. I'll see how it goes for a few weeks first. The smaller gyre works great for my 120 (4x2x2)... you can hear it just a little bit but not enough to notice unless your right up close when its turned up to 75-100%. The new mounts and rubber covers probably helped with the noise a lot. Plus breakin I guess. Its turned up about 3/4 the way and the MP40 is turned up less than half way. I like that it is a little smaller and it holds just fine on my 1/2" glass. Glad I waited for this one.

I have a 5' 180gallon. Left side has a MP60 right side has a MP40.

Sound is not much of an issue as this is an in wall. I was considering put a couple MP's on the back wall since i have center overflow.

I am running a bare bottom tank so trying to take advantage of extra flow.

I dont like the thought of the MP's hanging off the back as for that is where i do most of my service.

Again not looking to replace the MP's but to add more random flow pattern.

Like how the outside part of these is thin and i would not be hitting it all the time.

Do you think one of these on each side of the center over flow would keep anything off the bottom glass?

Pre-Order: Maxspect Gyre XF130

I have a 5' 180gallon. Left side has a MP60 right side has a MP40.

Sound is not much of an issue as this is an in wall. I was considering put a couple MP's on the back wall since i have center overflow.

I am running a bare bottom tank so trying to take advantage of extra flow.

I dont like the thought of the MP's hanging off the back as for that is where i do most of my service.

Again not looking to replace the MP's but to add more random flow pattern.

Like how the outside part of these is thin and i would not be hitting it all the time.

Do you think one of these on each side of the center over flow would keep anything off the bottom glass?

Yes, you will most definitely be able to create plenty of flow in the tank. Depending on the rock-work you can even mount them vertically to help get movement where you need it. I would imagine you are going to need to dial them down a bit but they will certainly help you create flow throughout the entire tank.

I have a 24x24x18 cube with a center overflow and id like to mount the xf130 onto the overflow panel. can the dry side magnet be sumberged or does it need to stay on the outside of the tank?

Back