Problems Updating Web Pages

bassettmd

Hello All,

I have recently purchased an Apex system with Dos and a few other goodies. While i have been successful in updating the firmware via my Mac, I am unable to update the webpages. Whenever I attempt, it gets to file 30 of the upload high.js and then stalls/times out. I have tried re-updating the firmware as well as trying to conduct the whole process via my HP computer as well with no luck. I have tried this from a few angles and have not been able to get around it.

I have seen other messages/support docs on this regarding this problem and some have suggested clearing the logs, however, I have no logs at this time to clear as this is a brand new controller.

Please advise, any help is appreciated as I am currently at a stand still in setting up my system until this is resolved.

Thanks for the website, unfortunately it didnt seem to help. When I attempted to do it via my regular pc, it comes up with 500 internal server error when attempting to update the webpages. I wish it was just an isolated mac problem. Anyone else have any advice? This is frustrating. Since I am not able to update the webpages I am not able to make changes to my apex system via computer.

To me this sounds like a network/firewall issue. I assume you disabled the Windows Firewall/virus software such as Security Essentials? Windows will block those kinds of things and often you will get a prompt from MS Security Essentials to continue but not always and 3rd party applications for Malware and internet security are always so friendly.

If all else fails, I'd suggest setting static IP's on both the Apex and the Windows system (making sure they are both within a compatible range) and connecting both to a switch or hub that is isolated from your home network. You could also try changing the port number on the Apex what can be done under network settings. The default is 80. Try something like 10999. Make sure that any firewall, antivirus software and internet security software is disable on the computer. That is VERY important.

The only issue I have ever had after doing firmare update is that sometimes it takes two attempts to get the www files updated because on occasion, I get a time out but that isn't a big deal. Just hit the update www button again and it will go through.

Now i have tried updating webpages on both the mac (stops at file 30 high.js) and hp computer (500 internal server error) in safe mode with networking. I have also tried connecting the computer straight to the apex controller and identifying static ips. I have also tried updating the firmware with a previous version and attempting to update the webpages that way. I have also tried changing the port #.

No Dice. I am running out of ideas and have wasted too much time trying to figure this out. I am hoping someone from Neptune can chime in tomorrow and give me some new ideas on how to proceed. Right now my apex is a very expensive remote on/off switch. I havent even began the process of trying to set up my DOS, WXM module, or ICECAP maxpsect gyre. Please advise.

Now i have tried updating webpages on both the mac (stops at file 30 high.js) and hp computer (500 internal server error) in safe mode with networking. I have also tried connecting the computer straight to the apex controller and identifying static ips. I have also tried updating the firmware with a previous version and attempting to update the webpages that way. I have also tried changing the port #.

No Dice. I am running out of ideas and have wasted too much time trying to figure this out. I am hoping someone from Neptune can chime in tomorrow and give me some new ideas on how to proceed. Right now my apex is a very expensive remote on/off switch. I havent even began the process of trying to set up my DOS, WXM module, or ICECAP maxpsect gyre. Please advise.

If you haven't done so, I would suggest you post in the offical Neptune forum that was linked to above. Neptune monitors that forum. This is a neptune user forum. Not only does neptune monitor that forum above but there are also dozens of resident experts that monitor it as well. I'd include everything you have done thus far to trouble shoot it so you don't waste much time. I would also suggest you go to neptunesystems.com and click on the support tab there and use the contact tab to open a support ticket today.

Got a support ticket today for Neptune. Hoping that they are able to accomodate my busy work hours and that we can get this resolved.

just fyi apex fusion is turned on and activated on my controller so that I SHOULD be able to change settings via computer. this seems to be a more complex issue.

just fyi apex fusion is turned on and activated on my controller so that I SHOULD be able to change settings via computer. this seems to be a more complex issue.

Like I said, "Fusion Control" enable and Apex Fusion enable are two different settings so I will assume you have both enabled but just being able to see and access your Apex via Fusion means that Apex Fusion is enabled but doesn't mean anything with regards to Fusion Control being enabled. Enabling "Fusion Control" is a second step to setting up your Apex for Fusion assuming you want to be able to make changes to your Apex via Fusion..

Here is a picture of the network settings page showing the two seperate Fusion options.

image_zpsdfekvsmt.jpeg

Indeed, these are both enabled on my controller

Cool.. Just wanted to be sure. Keep us posted as to what happens with the support ticket. They will probably want to remote in to check it out. As such, you may want to download their remote software from the support page at Neptunesystems.com that way you have your session id and password ready for them.

They have isolated it down to a hardware issue and have offered to cross ship me a new item. This all transpired on a friday evening, so Im hoping to hear from them again tomorrow at some point. I truly hope that their customer service treats me right seeing that I have invested in a dos unit as well as their dos containers and other goodies. Hoping to have all of this rectified by the end of the week.

Received my new unit yesterday, it was a hardware unit. Apparently the aquabus was not receiving enough power through the EB8 somehow.

Back