Pump advice

Dbaron

I'm looking for a submersible pump to mix saltwater and do my water changes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what pump I should get. A friend of mine suggested a mag drive 5

I use a Mag 7 (until I get my mixing station set up) in a Brute can. One "good" thing about Mag pumps is that they are so inefficient that they heat the water for you as well :lol:

I use a Mag 7 (until I get my mixing station set up) in a Brute can. One "good" thing about Mag pumps is that they are so inefficient that they heat the water for you as well :lol:

Do you know of any stores that sell them or do have to buy them online?

I have never bought a new one. Just see if you can fimd a used one. Or really any other pump. If yiu are just using it to mix water in can I wouldn't be that picky. Mags aren't really great pumps because they generate so much heat.I just use one because it was cheap, and I don't run it continuously so efficiency isn't a huge issue.

yea it's my pump and heater in one for saltwater mixing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never bought a new one. Just see if you can fimd a used one. Or really any other pump. If yiu are just using it to mix water in can I wouldn't be that picky. Mags aren't really great pumps because they generate so much heat.I just use one because it was cheap, and I don't run it continuously so efficiency isn't a huge issue.

Yeah I would just be using to mix water. I'm just having a hard time finding a used one.

I use a hydor koralia to mix and keep water moving at all times, then use an old mag 7 to move water from one vessel to another. I traded frags for the used mag 7 about 6-8 years ago.

Back