PURPLE FIREFISH...should i buy???

triciod

My LFS just got in some purple fishfish in and im thinking about getting one. I've been wanting one for so LONG! I currently have a 24gal nano cube. My aquarium has one percula clown in it and 10lbs live rock with various other inverts. I've had the tank running for about a month and a half...without any problems. Now, im wondering if the purple fishfish would but a good addition into the reef tank? How hardy are they? The fish are selling for around 35 dollars, is that worth it?

go for it!but i heard it's kinda hard to feed,and it's very sensitive to it's surroundings,and easily gets shocked,and have a tendency to jump.but it's really beautiful my cousin has one in a 25 gallon tank,and it;s doing very fine

Generally, they are an easy fish and do especially well in nano tanks. You should have good luck with this guy.

Enjoy.

I've never had one offer to jump, though they have that rep. I think this happens when they're threatened. If he has places to lurk, he should be fine. They don't swim much, they hover, so he doesn't need that much room.

Not any harder the red firefish, I have both and I started out with a 29 and had no problems(only 1 then). They eat just about anything I feed them. 35 I would say is average.

Back