Puzzled. Fish keep dying

rcamar813

So out of no where my clownfish dies. I have had my setup up about 6 months fish about 4 months. It was nice and big always eating and no issues. I always look at my tank before i head off to work and everything was fine. Get back and clownfish is breathing hard laying on its side and dies shortly after.

The survivng clownfish and wrasse were doing good. Look at my tank this afternoon and cant find the wrasse. Few hours later i spot it in a corner not moving but breathing. Shortly after dead again.

I have corals and they are all doing fine. Hermit crabs, snails, and sexy shrimp ok and clownfish ok.

This all started this past week. Nothing has changed. All parameters are within their acceptable range. I have done 2 30% water changes in this past week. And that hasnt made a difference. I just dont know why the fish are dying but its really frustrating. Any suggestions.

Did u save the fish? If so put them in a bag and have john at Faois inspect them. He might be able to spot a problem still on the fish he could identify. I wish I could help more but fish are pretty hard especially clowns. If corals are doing fine then I would look to a parasite of some kind. I am no fish expert. If it was me I would bring to john to have a look.

Good luck
Roger

I have a crafty mantis in my tank. Everything but 1 specific damsel has been fine. Fish will last couple months. They just disappear or find the bigger ones lying around paralyzed it seems. I'm currently trapping for him. May not be your problem, just throwing that out there.

Is the rock new? If so where did it come from, like gulf rock etc. Is there any stray voltage? Do you have your hands in the tank alot? I notice my nano tanks get oily film on the surface with my hands ever so slightly being in the tank.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

A had a few nasty ocellaris over the years that have beat up and chased every fish in the tank. Happens more with smaller tanks I noticed. How is is your display?

Is the rock new? If so where did it come from, like gulf rock etc. Is there any stray voltage? Do you have your hands in the tank alot? I notice my nano tanks get oily film on the surface with my hands ever so slightly being in the tank.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Good point on the current leaks. I did have a voltage leak from a skimmer myself. Bad pump cord. Can very easily happen, just check with a voltmeter to an outlet ground.

I ised dry rock to start the system. I keep my hand out of the tank as much as i can. I been thinking about it the past couple hours. The only new addition to my tank was a bangaii cardinal that seemed ok was eating and then dies within 1 1/2 weeks of purchasing him. Could of introduced something into my tank with that fish. I might have to consider qt fish before i introduce into my display. Never had an issue but after losing these fish i dont want to keep wasting money if i can prevent it.

Back