PVC Cement

jjeby

Does it matter what type of PVC cement is used to connect your PVC pipes when you are plumbing your sump to the return pump and the chiller? I am afraid that some of the cements may poison the reef tank. Please let me know if this is a concern.
Thanks!

so long as u give it the proper time to dry any if fine if its still wet it may be harmful but it generaly drys fast

yup and even if you did get the stuff in the tank, I would imagine most of it would disipate rather quickly... Most of the VOCs are short lived. Thats why they smell good and make me tingle when I sniff them :)

you do know that its not glue. I would recommend not inhaling this stuff as it is very bad for you. But if you must just do what i do...... enjoy yourself.

Glue, solvent, markers... it's all the same to me :)

And yes I am aware that PVC is solvent welded, not glued... or at least I used to be aware before I inhaled to many fumes.

I had to pump about 2000 pounds (4 drums) of ether blown polyurethane (ISP, now outlawed) in a confined space (6' dia manhole 20' deep) access in the middle of a river... don't ask). Even with e VOC mask and supplied air I got high. What a headache that stuff caused.

Back