QT chaeto?

b0bab0ey

Moved On
OK, it's not a rock or a coral or a fish... So how would one go about QT'ing chaeto before putting it in one's sump? I'm more concerned about fish diseases than hitchhikers. And yes, I do realize I'm super paranoid. :spin1:

I've done it too lol. If you don't have a invert only tank, just stick it in a small tank (or bowl) with a florescent bulb (cfl works) and a power head or hob, wait 6 weeks or so. Likely I have a invert only tank that I use to QT all my cuc in, no fish means no fish parasite hosts

I've done it, just stick it in a small tank with a florescent bulb, cfl works, and a power head or hob, wait 6 weeks or so.

Thanks for the replies so far. But please someone tell me I don't have to wait 6 weeks with this stuff. :headwally:

Once I get my stuff straightened out I'll be waiting 8 weeks for anything and everything. Some where on here in the gigantic amount of reading I've done I read about some ich staying in the cyst mode for 72 days. Although that is not the norm. I think there is a thread that mentions the amount of time lapsed giving out the % of chance of reinfection for the given time. It's something like 96% chance of it all dying in 4 weeks. But that 4% chance of reinfection scares me.

Back