quarentine question

warlord239

Ok so now that I work at a pet store I want to use there tanks to qt my fish...they only order captive bred fish and the fish I have seen here in the last weeks have still not been sold and eat like hogs...all look very healthy

This might be a dumb question but can I just wait out about 6 weeks will I be ok not to qt on my own or should I just set up a qt and do it on my own, I figured this way would save money and I see the fish every day to check on em...I can even buy em AD leave em here for awhile if I wanted

MrTuskfish

Team RC
Anything wet can transfer parasites and disease to the QT. I don't trust anyone to QT my fish but me. Just curious; what fish is the store selling? The list of captive bred fish is a small one.

warlord239

Yea there's not many choices which is why they don't get sold...only about 5 or 6 diff fish. Anything wild caught is in a different system with diff nets and equipment...I should have put the in the original post

daninflipflops

Yea there's not many choices which is why they don't get sold...only about 5 or 6 diff fish. Anything wild caught is in a different system with diff nets and equipment...I should have put the in the original post

doesnt matter if they are captive bred or not, they can all carry disease. i would think captive bred might have more disease since they are in confined habitats that are very densely packed. as opposed to wild caught that come from the open ocean.

I just lost 2 captive bred clowns in my QT after 4 weeks...QT at home in your own pre-sanitized system

billsreef

Moderator, 10 & Over Club
Premium Member
QT your own at home. I used to think I could get away with what you are thinking, after all I was the fish guy...I learned better, the hard way.