Question about kalk

saleenpwr88

I added 5 TSP to 5 gallons of RO/DI water and after 3 days the water is still cloudy. Isn't it supposed to be clear? I have the container covered as well so there shouldn't be much CO2 being introduced. Could it be the water was already high in CO2 and I'm seeing precipitation? The powder is probably 3-4 years old as well, could that have something to do with it? It's Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime.

It will stay cloudy, the kalk stays in the water thats how it actually works. Some will settle out but not all.

I have the same issue here and have been using it with no side effects.. Using BRS high purity kalk

Does anyone know how muck ALK is in 1 TSP/Gallon of kalk solution. I want dose just the ALK for a week to bring down my CAL, which is a little over 500 right now.

Does anyone know how muck ALK is in 1 TSP/Gallon of kalk solution. I want dose just the ALK for a week to bring down my CAL, which is a little over 500 right now.

Adding kalk will increase calcium as well as alk. Kalk is best used to maintain levels once they are in line not raise them. check your mag as well. If it is off you will have problems..

That is why I want to dose just ALK for a week to maintain the level I'm at right now, while not dosing any CAL to bring it down. Then once my CAL is down to where I want it I'll go back to Kalk.

Back