Question about Local Fish Stores?

nikonosis

Why is it almost everytime I pm a LFS or email one of them asking about prices or asking one of them to match a price or at least try too, they don't answer me? Its like pulling teeth!

The other question I have is why do they never answer my pms or emails when I ask if they can get a certain piece of equipment? I am really frustrated by this...

Im not trying to be rude or start any trouble by any means but these emails/pms are important to me because all I have is a cell phone and it loses signal and doesn't get a reception worth a crap where I live, so most of the time I can't call and resort to the pm/email system but always fail to get answers to my questions. Isn't the reason we shop at the LFS's because of great support and customer service?

BTW BIOREEF, please check your pms because I sent you some and I know you haven't read them cause the pm tracker says you haven't.

I don't work at any of the stores, so this is just my opinion.

Although most of the stores do have a web site, they are not Internet based stores and most of their business is based on customers physically coming in the store or calling, not contacting them via email or PM.

Also remember that RC is a board for discussion, not for conducting business. The exception to this would be the sponsor/vendor forums. Those forums are specifically for support of that vendor's product. In those forums, I would expect a fairly quick response.

Again, just my opinion.

Mike

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6911619#post6911619 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpdharley
I don't work at any of the stores, so this is just my opinion.

Although most of the stores do have a web site, they are not Internet based stores and most of their business is based on customers physically coming in the store or calling, not contacting them via email or PM.

Also remember that RC is a board for discussion, not for conducting business. The exception to this would be the sponsor/vendor forums. Those forums are specifically for support of that vendor's product. In those forums, I would expect a fairly quick response.

Again, just my opinion.

Mike

so i guess I have to drive down the road to make a call or drive 50 miles across town just to ask a question? Also, every single store here in North East Florida posts on this web site so I don't understand why they can't answer my private questions that have nothing to do with using RC for business purposes.

The other problem with going into the store or calling is this. Almost everytime I do either one of those 2 I end up talking to an employee that can't answer my questions and the owner isn't around to answer them either.

I know Atlantis, bioreef, robsreef, and fishmaniac all have websites with their email address in the contact info... I ask these questions because if they are answered and its what I am looking for or whatever I will drive 50 miles across town to pick something up.

They also have to answer phone calls, return messages, help costumers in the store, do maintenance, etc. I bet they have tons of Pm's and emails to answer and that stuff always comes last. When I get a lot of email at work I only answer about 4 a day with everything else going on

Try sending a postcard

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6912020#post6912020 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PelagicMagic
They also have to answer phone calls, return messages, help costumers in the store, do maintenance, etc. I bet they have tons of Pm's and emails to answer and that stuff always comes last. When I get a lot of email at work I only answer about 4 a day with everything else going on

Try sending a postcard

Im not saying they don't answer them fast enough. Im saying they never answer them. I sent emails months ago that still haven't been answered.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6911916#post6911916 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikeatjac
Just call.

"all I have is a cell phone and it loses signal and doesn't get a reception worth a crap where I live, so most of the time I can't call and resort to the pm/email system"

"The other problem with going into the store or calling is this. Almost everytime I do either one of those 2 I end up talking to an employee that can't answer my questions and the owner isn't around to answer them either."

Tell me what to do when I call and ask about something or go into the store and ask them to get me a price on something, they tell me they are too busy right now and will look into it and call me back. I give them my cell phone number and then I never hear from them again? I then email them and they apologize for not calling me back and they still don't answer the question about the price of the item i inquired about...

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, not flaming you, but, why should they be taken to task for you not being able to get a signal on your cell phone? They could just as easily say -- "You need to get a land line or go to where you have service and call during their business hours".

Now, if someone says they will call you back, then yes, they should call back within a reasonable amount of time and leave a message if you do not answer.

Their websites are not designed for any thing but information. Do you know what it would take to answer questions and to be responsive on a web site? I have never had a problem when I call. Maybe you need a different cell or try a different LFS.

(the worlds smallest violin playing in the background)

I'm guessing this question wasn't really a question after all, seems more like a rant rather....I'm sure if you were truly needing help you could find a way to get it. I personally think all of our stores are beyond helpful when the customer truly seeks information or help. I can't imagine why people won't be more helpful, when this is the way they become treated.....IDK just seems like a hard way to get real help. JMO/E

I can't imagine that a certified residential contractor can't find 5 minutes near a "landline" to use ??? I honestly can't believe that's a "valid" excuse for not calling them....FWIW

I just disagree with your "perception" of our stores....I seem to have good service at all....

Im not trying to be rude or start any trouble by any means

why does everyone on here feel like im attacking someone or some store? I just wondered why my pms/emails don't get answered sometimes and any good reason would've satisified me. I just felt like I was being ignored for some reason. If the local fish stores here don't want to answer pms/emails or are too busy too, that is fine with me and probably everyone here. I am not complaining about that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6912248#post6912248 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpdharley
I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, not flaming you, but, why should they be taken to task for you not being able to get a signal on your cell phone? They could just as easily say -- "You need to get a land line or go to where you have service and call during their business hours".

by this thread Im not trying to make anyone answer any pms or emails. I just wondered why they weren't being answered. Now from what everyone says I guess they are just to busy with everything else to answer them. That is a perfectly good answer for me and I am sorry for getting everyone so upset.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6912980#post6912980 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikeatjac
No one is attacking you but they do not have the time or resources to do what you want them too.

I don't feel like anyone is attacking me...

why does everyone on here feel like im attacking someone or some store?

Its really not a big deal to not answer my pms/emails. I just was curious as to why they weren't being answered and I have now found out the reason...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913020#post6913020 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PelagicMagic
stop throwing rocks at the bees hive

I don't get it, what does that mean?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913033#post6913033 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikeatjac
To be honest it sounds like you are, read what you have written.

Seriously I am not. I guess I just don't know how to word things the correct way. Sorry for coming off that way.

Back