Question about tent and fumigation.

How about a revised Option 1 where you leave your best corals or favorite livestock with someone you trust whike you set up a new tank?

Do you work as a dealership sales man? LOL

This is not a hobby, it's an addiction and you guys are enablers. :)

I'll sleep on this revised option 1 tonight and see where it goes.

ok guys. The time has come and I am two weeks away from the tent going on the house. I have considered all the options and I have decided to just leave the tank in the house and follow these steps:

• Cover it with giant 6mil thick plastic bubble taped to the floor
  • Lots of duct tape to reinforce corners, cables and exhaust pockets
  • Turn off the skimmer and reactors while the house is tented
  • Get fresh carbon for when things go back online
  • Run a flexible rubber line connected to an air mattress pump from far outside the tent, to bring in fresh air and keep positive pressure in the plastic bubble
  • Program the lights so only moonlights are on for a portion of the day to keep heat down, but keep corals alive
  • Since the termite company will turn off the A/C, I was trying to rent a chiller, but I may not be able to get it in time. Therefore, I may just issue a prayer and hope it doesn't get too hot
  • Turn the heater down a degree or two to give it a better chance of not getting too hot inside the tank
  • Hook up one of my CCTV cameras in front of the tank to keep an eye on things. This way I can sleep. :)
  • And of course look at my controller online every 5 minutes until my wife takes my phone away. :)

What do you guys think? Do I have all my bases covered?

Just check that air mattress pump can put out enough air pressure to keep your "tent" inflated properly from the necessary distance. They generally are not very strong pumps.

Just check that air mattress pump can put out enough air pressure to keep your "tent" inflated properly from the necessary distance. They generally are not very strong pumps.

Very true. I'm going to get a portable Coleman camping one I saw online at Walmart and test it this weekend. If that doesn't work, I'll try using a ceiling fan extractor like the ones used on bathrooms. Maybe those have a bit more kick.

Thank you for the feedback.

I would probably be concerned with the mattress pump being a pump that's only made to run for minutes vs something like a bathroom exhaust fan that's made to run Continuous I would think the mattress pump would burn out in a day

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21783277?...72501152&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78765400712&veh=sem
I would go with something like this outside and use a tube taped on the exhaust Port of the fan and the other end of the tube connected into your bubble around the tank and leave it pluged in it should keep your bubble inflated. Kinda like a kids bounce house or a wacky waving inflatable tube man at the car dealerships

This sounds like a great idea and not that expensive. I think I will go with this one. Thank you!

Also, you reminded me of that Family Guy character. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube-man! Now I have that stuck in my head. LOL

wacky_waving_inflatable_arm_flailing_tube_man.gif

This sounds like a great idea and not that expensive. I think I will go with this one. Thank you!

Also, you reminded me of that Family Guy character. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube-man! Now I have that stuck in my head. LOL

wacky_waving_inflatable_arm_flailing_tube_man.gif

That's exactly where I was going with that hahah...man I'm suprised no one has an extra fan around their house you can just borrow for a week the contractors I work with have them to blow air around the job site they work really good... Its a good fan to have in your garage after all of this

Yeah. I'll still buy it. This is something I can use when I'm working outside or working the grill. I like that it has two extra plugs for the music and cell phone charger. I really appreciate the idea man. I did not even considered these.

Yeah. I'll still buy it. This is something I can use when I'm working outside or working the grill. I like that it has two extra plugs for the music and cell phone charger. I really appreciate the idea man. I did not even considered these.

Yeah the outlets are a nice extra feature you will just need to seal the heck out of the bubble this thing can push some Air ...and you will need some way of having a good enough tube to told the Air and not leak

Very true. I already have a 1" ID PVC Tubing that runs from the tank to an outside wall. I installed this a few weeks back for semi-automated water changes and I plan on re-purposing it for this project. I will buy some more of that line and run it all the way to the backyard and hook it up to the fan with plastic and plenty of duct tape.

This is the one I have and plan on buying more of:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sioux-Chief-1-1-4-in-x-1-in-x-100-ft-PVC-Tubing-900-01406C01005/202257737

I'm not sure is it will work with that small of tubing I was thinking more of a 4 to 6" duct

Hey guys,

I'm reporting back. I just got done with the tenting the house. I'm still unpacking stuff, but I wanted to report that everything in the tank made it fine. There were a few scares along the way, but the tank made it fine. Even the pest control guy was impressed.

When he first walked into the house on Monday and saw the tank wrapped in plastic, the first thing he said was... "That is not going to work."

He killed me right there and then, but I had no options. I told him to keep going and forget about the tank.

I'll share some pictures of the prices and setup tomorrow. I'm beat right now from all the moving around. Thank you all for ask your advice and fingers crossed.

Back