question for dr. roy

ISFRAEL

i would like to go and do some diving and capture some mantis as they are very hard to get here, i was wondering if you know of any place i could catch them near adelaide in south australia and what species are in south australian waters?
thanks

im sure there are alot up north because of the great barrier reef but i have recently read a book of south australian crustaceans and i said about 5 species have been found in SA waters.
it claims they are often washed up in storms at glenelg beach which is 20 mins away and i would like to go hunting there, but i wanted to know if dr. roy has ever been to SA to hunt mantis and if he has, has he found a place i might be able to go and a way to catch then?

ive asked alot of diver freinds and they have never seen one in SA waters so i was wondewring if the book is telling fibs or the divers dont go to places that these mantis would be?

Sorry, but I stay in warm water when at all possible. I have not been diving in Australia south of Sydney. There are a half dozen spearers that live in sandy substrates. I can't think of any smashers.

Roy

Back