Radion XR30 angled install

Mike de Leon

Any comments on installing these lights at an angle?
On the pic there are two AI Sols that are being replaced by the Radions.

I wouldn't see a problem. Would the Radions be installed exactly where the AI'S are and angled slightly in? Pretty sure I've seen it done with Radions. I'll try and find the link.

I've seen Charlie's tank (I believe his name is) where he has 2 Kessil 360's hanging in front of the ATI Fixture and aiming inward. I've even copied his idea in my tank with just one Kessil 350. Added a lot of PAR when needed and also gave it that nice pop.

Thanks, yes exactly where the sols are. Originally I was thinking of removing the T5 halide combo and just using the G4s. Although it looks like Frankenstein I get the best of three words.
Trying to get away from bulb replacements.

Honestly, the MH/T5 fixture is sexy. Doesn't look bad with LED'S coming off of it. Plus I agree, best of all three worlds.

Not completely Frankenstein. Could be mix matching with retrofit kits, random MH Pendant and what not.

It'll look good IMO!

Get another one of the MH/T5 fixtures, turn them and angle them in a bit. That would be the best of any world.

Get another one of the MH/T5 fixtures, turn them and angle them in a bit. That would be the best of any world.

I really like the dusk to dawn that LEDs offer, and not having to blow 300 bucks every year changing bulbs.
I am finding halides are on it's way out..

I've seen it done with Kessil AP700s on either side of a T5 fixture. Looked pretty bawse if you ask me.

Back