Rae's pics-of EVERYTHING!!!

To different things all together

Gfo(carbon) removes a strain of amino acids that cause a yellow in the tank.
Indirectly they can remove some nitrates

Carbon dosing involves dosing with a carbon producing source such as vodka or np pellets.
The pellets produce the carbon---which causes bacteria to multiply--the bacteria consume phosphates and nitrates----the corals consume the bacteria
What you is crystal clear water, no algae and corals that colour up beautifully
Capn,

Thanks for clearing that up for me as I was confused. do you have any suggested reads to learn more about carbon dosing? is there any ill effects on the fish?

Hey Capn,
Very long time no see!!!
Hope all is well, how about your tank?
I remember you had started a tank maintenance business hope thats going fine???

Hey Capn,
Very long time no see!!!
Hope all is well, how about your tank?
I remember you had started a tank maintenance business hope thats going fine???

Hi all is well here and hope it is there. The maintenance business is just booming for me---presently I look after over 30 tanks a week by myself with a waiting list.
I have little time to myself and my tank and thus little time for my cyber friends like you and the other great guys on here.
My tank took a little bit of a nose dive two weeks ago with no ones fault but my own---I just did not have the time or energy left at the end of the day to attend to the regular things I did on it--never mind actually sit down in front of it and observe what was going on. I lost 12 fish, 3 corals, all my inverts or cleaning crew and a couple of anemones.

Sometimes work can be a blessing but at the same time there seems to always be a downside of overworking(I've been doing that for 40 yrs)

I know you have a thread on here and I would like to reconnect---can you post your link

Once again really glad to here from you again
Scott

Heyhey peeps! Life got in the way of all my hobbies for nearly a year. Here I am back again, hopefully for a while. Where's Rae?

Awww...thanks, Capn! My tank has been suffering from neglect for many months now. No livestock has been lost as of yet but the corals are beginning to show signs of stress. Starting to get back to consistency but my busy kiddos are making any hobby extremely challenging at this time.

Awww...thanks, Capn! My tank has been suffering from neglect for many months now. No livestock has been lost as of yet but the corals are beginning to show signs of stress. Starting to get back to consistency but my busy kiddos are making any hobby extremely challenging at this time.

still great to hear from you---I'm sure your tank is great

So, how do we go about contacting Rae?

Back