RAP: Euroquatics E5

mattliu

Anyone check them out ? How does the brightness of the blue pop compare to a tech reefbrite blue ?

Thanks.

1 e5 is def not as bright as the reef brite but It is half the cost or even less too. I will be trying 2 blue pop in the future. I have been looking at these bulbs for over a year now. Since before they released them for sale. Very cool idea. The spread was very nice. I tried hard to win a couple in the raffle but I failed :(

Roger

I thought the tank color looked ok but it wasn't the best display to showcase lights. I didn't see any pop that I recall.

I am still on the fence, JonnyU did a comparison on base PAR on his system the light spread was great but as we knew the numbers would suffer. I am on the fence because I have 10+ bulbs for my spectra I could use before switching. I only hear great things however for a larger system or large fixture seem to be in the middle of being supplemental and a hardy coral grower however also depends on the style of tank.

Not the "shimmer" quality that other LED systems have, I think it is due to the frosted sheild. I was unimpressed in their display at RAP

Cubed reefer I have great leds but I am left wondering what if so I am installing 4 t5's. A combo may be the ultimate alternative to halide.

I won a pair at Rap but they did not have the 60" in stock. They should be shipping them sometime this week. They looked pretty good, a better coral selection on the display tank could have helped. I just love the fact that they have a great warranty just in case.

I'm beginning to think they dropped the ball on a viable niche. It seems like they're marketed and designed like a led flood light equivalent you get at a home improvement store. Reefers want performance. They're rated at 30 watts at 48" which is 81 percent of a reefbrite tech 48". Factor in the senseless white frosting and the lack of a reflector, indeed it must be substantially less than the tech. However, I find a 54 watt narva blue with just a Mylar lining in my canopy to be too much light for some corals, and since 30 watts are being distributed over roughly 180 degrees, it might be plenty of light. But then there's the whole issue of narrow spectrum. So it's probably a waste of pop.

Roger, we need a guinea pig. I want cheap pop. Don't you ?

Rob, halides need your support. I dread the day they go extinct. There's a reason why Fox, WWC, HP, etc. still use them.

Appreciate all the input.

Cubed reefer I have great leds but I am left wondering what if so I am installing 4 t5's. A combo may be the ultimate alternative to halide.

Thing is I have no intention of moving from halide, colors are just too great and shimmer. What I was implying for me is replacing my 4xt5's or 2 of them to the LED's to drop some of the replacement cost but I have 14 bulbs or so I have to use. selling all the bulbs might pay for the e5's lol

I got to order new T5's in June for my Elos Halide/T5 fixture. I currently use 2x Ati blue plus, 1x purple plus and 1x KZ coral light to supplement my 2x Phoenix 14k. I'm thinking to replace the 2x blue plus with E5 blue pop.

I got to order new T5's in June for my Elos Halide/T5 fixture. I currently use 2x Ati blue plus, 1x purple plus and 1x KZ coral light to supplement my 2x Phoenix 14k. I'm thinking to replace the 2x blue plus with E5 blue pop.

This is what I was going to do. However I have like 14 new bulbs I stacked up so I am in a dilemma!

Back