Recommended Macro Water Parameters

I'm actually trying to get rid of it. It's getting into my other macroalgae in my refugium. I have mangroves, sea grass and some other types growing.

Wow, your nitrates and phosphates are so low. I run mine pretty high. NO3 at 30+ ppm and PO4 at .5 ppm. I do not get nuisance algae though, well except green bubble algae. I go on a rampage to rid the tank of green bubble algae about 2Xs a year

I use the hannah phosphate kit. I still wonder how accurate it is at times. I just got a salifert phosphate test kit. Why not use two?

I've had some green hair outbreaks and I do have a small amount of bubble algae in the refugium so I don't want the phos getting too high. I'm amazed at the nitrates. The low levels may be due to some marinepure blocks in the sump.

for some reason, I'm not seeing much Coraline algae growth on my caribsea rocks. It's everywhere else.

I bet the marinepure blocks are at least some of the reason for low nitrate and phosphorus. I can't remember what your fish load is like either, it could be that the macro algae uptake is a pretty good ratio to your fishes' output. I know the reason my nitrates are on the high side is because my fish load is heavy and I feed them generously. It works for me however.

My display is 150 gallons with a good number of fish. It's been going for over a year and a half with a fair amount of coral.

I am always afraid with too low NO3 and PO4 that I could get dinos. It sounds like what ever you are doing is working for you however.

Back